Veterans Day

Started by UGLY OLDS, November 11, 2016, 10:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

This morning I will go to the nearby elementary school that my grandchildren attend for the Veterans Day assembly.  My youngest grandson will sing the Navy marching song "Anchors Aweigh".  A good day for an old sailor and a grandpa.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Charlie Chops 1940

Just had a free lunch at Texas Roadhouse with a couple long time pals; Phil was Army during Vietnam and I was Air Force at the same time, and Mark was Marine Corp about 12 or 13 years later. Saw more younger Vets that I remember seeing before. Might have something to do with our silver hair.

My thanks to all of the other Vets.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

416Ford

Thanks, and thank you to all the vets. I would also like to say welcome home to all the guy who served in Vietnam.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

It's time to bring this to the top again. In case you had forgotten, this was started by our friend, Ugly olds. My thanks to all who have served. My you enjoy this day to it's fullest. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

I put our flag out at 4:50am local time here..
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Crosley"I put our flag out at 4:50am local time here..

Mine is going out on the front porch in a few minuets.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

chimp koose

to all that have served ,  thank you . I teach a lot of kids from other countries who have emigrated to Canada , we have it good thanks to your efforts .

jaybee

Than you to all who served. Thanks especially to those who gave their all and are not here to thank in person.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

58 Yeoman

I hope everyone had a good Veterans Day, from one to others. Stay safe.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Charlie Chops 1940

My only grandson, 10 year old Caleb, called around supper time yesterday to thank me for serving. He was so serious and sober about it...took my breath away and made my eyes a little wet.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

Time once again to thank all who have served. Thank You!
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

We just returned from an outdoor ceremony at our grandchildrens school.  It was a partial drive through event and we drove the 54 Chevy.  The kids did a great job.  Everybody likes an old car and a parade.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

jaybee

Thanks to all who served and all those serving today.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose

Thanks to all who served .

kb426

To the top again. :) Thank you to all who have served.
TEAM SMART