2023: What are you doing today?

Started by 58 Yeoman, January 01, 2023, 10:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I spent the day yesterday helping Hooley with the new "Okie Twister" Henry J at the local spring nostalgia race.  New engine, new car, and a cool day damp day, but still fun.  A good time was had by all.  My good friend David, with the blue 32 Chevy coupe, got sideways at half track but was able to recover nicely.  It never does this and it went straight the rest of the day.  It may have been caused by new tires.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I made a little trip to the fire dept. lot where people donate cars for extraction practice. I came away with a good pair of PT cruiser front seats. They are fairly narrow and I know that I can sit in them comfortably. This was a base model, no armrests. :)
TEAM SMART

phat46

Since I got my now hopefully fixed engine back in my '46 Chevy I have been chasing one little problem after another. First was the burnt wire, then the big oil leak, then a transmission leak, a power steering leak and the fuel pump nearly touching the frame. After getting the wiring fixed, the oil leak fixed and hopefully the trans leak fixed I crawled under it again today and found a nearly impossible to reach clamp loose on the P. S. Got it tight with a 5/16 wrench 1/8 of a turn at a time. Loosened the motor and trans mounts and was able to move the engine over to get more clearance on the fuel pump. Hopefully this is the end of all the little stuff and we can get on the road. We do this cause it's fun....right? 😀

chimp koose

WZ junk , I have seen cars get squirrely on the gear change from different rollout side to side on a new pair of slicks , Rollout was 1" different side to side and it would get crossed up bad at the shift. 4 link super comp car .

kb426

The last 2 days were spent on yard work. Ho Hum. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

When we downsized: we placed many items into a storage facility. 10 x 25 unit that was in the east valley of metro Phoenix AZ.

Since we ended up in the west valley , the olde Sun City area.  I decided to move all this "stuff". Started that on tuesday this week. It is 67 miles one direction.  Truck computer says MPG is 15.3 to 16.0 ..  :o

Timing was good. We just received notice from the east valley facility that rent is increased in May 2023 by 35 dollars to $296.00 a month..  Rent on the west side for a 10 x 20 space is $192.00
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

What a week.  Took my brothers car to Merlin muffler shop on Tuesday for a new exhaust system...$850.  Uh, no.  NAPA got me the pipe and muffler for $275 and I did it myself.  We spent Thursday cleaning and organizing my brothers house and stuff, getting ready for a sale. Still have a couple days worth of work to do on that.  Sold his car today for $4500, so we know that May will be paid for if he lasts that long. This is all wearing me out.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

58 Yeoman

*.  The car buyer is from a small town about an hour away, and it got hit with a bad hail storm while he was here. After he left, I got on FB and saw video's already posted of the damage during the hail storm. A salesman at a Ford dealer said he would give me $4000 for the car if I didn't sell it.  After selling the car, I contacted the salesman and everyone else that wanted it, that the car was sold. The salesman texted back that if the dealer had bought the car, it would've been totaled by the storm. He also said that they lost about 150 cars to hail damage.  Sunny here, go figure.

Phil

kb426

I went back to the pt cruiser to remove the fuse/ relay panel from it. Not a big deal. 2 bolts and cut the harness. I get back and take it apart. Oops. The short story is that this is a total integrated power management device. I think I'll remove the fuses and discard the rest. 06 and newer have this. As the saying goes, this is above my pay grade. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Phil, anybody that has been through this is sympathetic. :) Tony, your lower price is almost 3 times what they rent for in my corner of the world. Welcome to the city. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: kb426 on March 31, 2023, 06:48:55 PMTony, your lower price is almost 3 times what they rent for in my corner of the world. Welcome to the city. :)

Yeah, I know. Yet these storage places sometimes  have waiting lists.   I am working on getting out of the big city here.  I am really tired of the circus, traffic and other stuff.  :lol:  Where we are located now is economical living , but:  :o   :o
Tony

58 Yeoman

USPS sends me an email every day with pictures of what's going to be delivered. I'm expecting this piece of mail today.  Hmmm...Colorado.  I'm in Illinois. No one caught this?

Phil

idrivejunk

Personell circumstances have me cast once again as sandperson, for the duration. Of ever. Painter got bottom of cab shot yesterday though. Pic is basecoat over epoxy, rock guard, sealer and I split during clearcoat. Not sure if thats to be gloss or satin under there but I just about always like the rock guard and body color look.

GT oil change and other maintainence, garage door opener replacement, first mow, freshening landscaping are all high on to do list but my #1 daily driver still sits in need of purt near full restoration. All of last weekend was spent going to places to buy things for a few of these endeavors and this week's batch of chores are heaped atop it all. Hey brother, can you spare a time?  :)

Matt

kb426

Today was the day. I started on the explorer 5.0 wiring harness. It took longer than it should to remove the 2 large connectors from the harness. The male end wasn't bad but the female end has the tangs down in a dark hole. Took some effort for a blind old guy to get that done. The 1st pic shows everything depinned. The 2nd shows some wires coiled and taped together. Some of those will be removed as they are for an auto trans. The loose ends are some of the wires that will feed power, ground, the obd2 connector and the feed that will provide the right side o2 sensor and a vss connector. There will need to be a relay for ecu power feed, o2 sensor feed and the fuel pump relay. After that, there should be 3 wires needed to connect it as a stand alone system. There is a feed for an oil, tach, and temp gauge in the wiring also.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Spent couple hours at a Racer reunion gathering today.  Talked to several folks we have known for years.  Weird: they all got olde?  :lol:  :lol:

Henry J has weird engine with large intake manifold on it?

Dragster with an old chain drive blower on it.

Ran into an 80 yr old guy named Jim Rogers.  He started BeeLine Dragway here in Arizona in 1963
Tony