Updates for the members here -- IMPORTANT

Started by Fat Cat, February 25, 2005, 02:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

I have decided that I would add an additiona template to the forum system. I know that a couple of the HRI members have voiced a dislike for the yellow background on the pages.

So in the spirit of friendship I have duplicated the color scheme off of the HRI site. So you can now view this site in the same scheme as the HRI.

If you go to the Profile option at the top of the page

On the next page you will see a number of options. For the HRI members most of this is new for you as we have a much more robust profile setup.

From here you want to select the Profile tab. it will load another screen that looks like this

You have the choice of filling out any or none of that information. Right at the moment we are really not worried about any of that. We are looking for the Profile Settings options on the left. Click that link and it will look almost like this.

You will see on the right side a drop down box with the words to thr right of it that say Board Style and the default option is selected. Which is the RRT layout. Click the drop down like in the image and you will see an option for a HRI Layout. Select that option and press the submit button at the bottom.

After that it will take you to a page that will tell you your profile was updated but the layout will look like the RRT design. This is normal. From here reload the index page of the forum and you should have the familiar Blue layout you are used to from the HRI site.

I hope that this is clear. If not feel free to ask questions and I will jump in and answer them.

Final note. Please do not ask me to make a bunch of different layouts. Each one takes time to hand code all changes that need to be done when a update comes out. I have already doubled my work load just by adding another one. You will just have to decide which one you like more and use it.

Frank

32coupe

Are you for real??????
Don't you realize that Australia was populated from those winging pomms, and we cant stop the it's in our blood.

So don't feel oblogated, we can't help ourselfs..................
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

32coupe

Hey.............I like it, it reminds me of home.....................
Thanks for going to all the trouble.

Does this meen that I owe you.............................

No...that will never happen.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

halfdone

Cool

That got rid of the TummyJuice colored background

Almost looks like home

Apart from the CatSpew highlights with teal writing......

Jimmy B

Cheers for taking the time to do that Fat Cat  :D
Feels like home.

KustomLincolnLady

WOW  8)  8)  :lol: Thats soooo cool. Thanks frank no more poo poo yellow!!!! I love it!!!!! so much easier on the eyes.
And the best part is you have a choice. Thanks for taking such good care of us!!!    :P  :P
Debb

HotRodLadyCrusr

I also changed form the baby-poo yellowish green to the blue and grey.  Much easier on the eyes I think........... now, about the header........ :wink:

Thanks sweetie pie xoxox
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

cre8tor

Now thats hospitality for ya ! well done Fat Cat.   :b-d:

Fat Cat

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"now, about the header........ :wink:

Thanks sweetie pie xoxox

What about it?

HotRodLadyCrusr

The colors clash with the new blue and grey.  Can't have clashing ya know. :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

halfdone

I'm still wondering what color those * bars are

Is that BabyPoo or CatSpew ??

Fat Cat

Guess next time I will stay up past 6am working on it so I get it right the first then huh?

EMSjunkie

I appreciate your efforts Frank.
Thanks for preventing an International incident.
besides, I like baby-poo or catspew or whatever the color is.
I'm color blind :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

gt28a

It's just like magic.......thanks Fat Cat for the time and effort you have put in on our (HRI) behalf. I, for one, am extremely grateful.

BELLM

Thanks!  Much easier on me eyes!!!  Welcome to the HRI crew!!! :lol: