Latest shift and price increases on TV streaming and ads on internet forums

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, March 19, 2024, 09:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Apologies for my whine here:

We watch various TV shows here n there..  For us the Prime Amazon charge with included video and music was a good value for our needs.  Now Prime Video has increased fee via the addition of "limited ads" , of course for an additional fee of $3.00  you can remain "ad free".  :twisted:

Motor Trend is merging with Discovery + and of course the fee is higher.  Now it will be more $ to watch some of these automotive shows.

A couple of the home repair TV shows have become tied to increased fees.  We stopped watching them. They want 7.99 here, 9.99 for another streaming... I signed up for a small package on Prime Amazon to watch the Home repair type shows.. After the first week, I learn the fine print is the popular shows are additional $ fee for current content for 20 to 25 dollars per season.  So , I cancelled that package.

Increased ads on various internet forums has reduced traffic on the forums.  The Hotrod forums I visit , the traffic has dropped by  a huge amount.

I stopped listening to local OTA radio because of the near constant ads they put forward.  If I listen to the radio I use Prime Music on my phone.. Which I am waiting for fee increases on that too.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

jaybee

The streaming services are working hard to recreate the old Cable TV packages in order to boost revenue. It's not pretty.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

I cancelled my Motor Trend subscription on Amazon Prime video near 2 weeks ago... I checked the Discovery +  section and nothing there was interesting enough to spend more money to keep the few automotive shows I watched on Motor Trend.

Then: Amazon bills me the $ charge for Discovery+ on the switch over date when the Motor Trend sub ends, and the merge to Discovery+ happens. I worked on cancelling the Discovery+ and a refund.

8)  Its always something.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)