Displaying die cast trucks

Started by idrivejunk, July 03, 2023, 01:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Bill its all modeling clay and grocery bag with strategic scotch tape bits.I used the kind of clay that should eventually harden. For the watermelons I rolled out strips of the two colors then rolled them onto each other, sliced the roll then pinched the ends. None of it is terribly convincing but I think it all "reads" easy enough. Scale was determined via the WAG method using a door handle as reference.

Next is signs. Decided against the hanging sign, it blocks too much truck view.

Next question:  :arrow:

What are some 1960 watermelon prices? $1? Tomatoes how much a dozen? Lettuce? Roasting ears what, five cents? Maybe thats a Mom question. ???
Matt

idrivejunk

Reckon this is about as fancy as it's going to get. :)
Matt

idrivejunk

Reckon I lied. A painting Mom did years ago serves as a cool backdrop.
Matt

kb426

TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

Thanks guys. :)

I mentioned hanging mini quilts inside the back wall and making another sandwich board for those. That idea seemed to land on fertile ground. My attempt at chair making was a flop but Dad sounded up for making a bench.

So additional future "finishing touches" embellishments are possible. I mean if we call it done, then what?

I have a nice 66 Batmobile toy that now I am eye-ing with potential intent, too. Just needs a Gotham City Hall staircase facade with lots of burnout marks in the street to depict the scene that was re-used in all the TV episodes.  :twisted:
Matt