Update on posts not appearing

Started by Fat Cat, May 27, 2004, 07:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

I think I have figured out what is causing posts to not appear on the forum. I have had it happen to me twice recently. Most recently on the Olds brakes post. It happened because I did not allow the process to complete. After you hit the submit button it takes you to a confirmation page. There are links there to allow you to look at the message or go back to the forum. I have been able to successfully hide messages by clicking the return to forum link without viewing the post. If I allow it to auto-redirect to the message and then go back to the forum it appears right away. So I think this is the cause. I will post a message over on the support site for the software and see if they have an answer. Until then just let the message come up automatically and then return to the topics page and things should work fine.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

chopped

So thats what happened to all those great answers I tried to give. :lol:

Fat Cat

Quote from: "chopped"So thats what happened to all those great answers I tried to give. :lol:

No this issue only relates to new topics not replies.

If you are talking about replies the post but there is no new text in the message it vould be because the text was typed into the "Attachment" file comment box instead of the message reply area.

Crosley.In.AZ

I had one post ( response)  not appear imediately ... it happened when I clik'd on the 'view now' deal and did not allow the bbs to flow through it's normal process.

I came back and NO recent post.  I hit 'refresh ' and there it was .

mayb just at my end ( computer) ?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

sirstude

That sounds right,  The first post I just dropped out, and the second, I looked at the post.  I will keep that in mind.

Thanks
Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

taxpyer

Just today I was telling a couple of guys about RRT. We were starting the pinto engine in my 47 Willys for the first time. All went well and after they left I, in all my analness, I put a new plate over the EGR valve body below the carb. While I was cleaning this out I thought I'd just clean out some of the old carbon that was there. Well I managed to get some out but not before I knocked some into the intake manifold where it was quickly sucked into the intake valves holding them open when I tried to start it and now it won't start. I'm not telling you this because I want you to know how stupid I am but to say that my first thought was to ask someone on here about how I can clear the valves out without pulling the intake or head.
Don't close this down. It's a high quality hobby specific forum. We need it. To lose it would be a real shame. Please hang in there. It's like having this "brother" out there who is always happy to lend a hand.
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later