timing pointer

Started by chimp koose, November 11, 2021, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

I had a bolt on moroso timing pointer that covered too many fins on my nice finned timing cover SOOOOO..... Started whittling in the mill

kb426

TEAM SMART

jaybee

This, the made from scratch door hinges, and the air cleaner base are all really nice pieces.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose

Thanks Jaybee I often find myself re doing something I already have as I think I can improve on what is available . This comes from spending my machining trade days doing mostly repair type work as opposed to new manufacturing . Like to think I have a degree in "reverse engineering "  . I get a better insight into what fails than most of those who design the stuff . If it didnt break or wear out I would never have seen it .

jaybee

I'm not surprised. I worked three summers with my Dad at the place where he worked in maintenance. The engineers would send projects. Over lunch and breaks the crew would go through the blueprints and specs, figure out what was wrong with them, and devise solutions. On one occasion I found a big chunk of concrete in a pit I was digging in the basement of the building. The engineers said jackhammer it out. Minutes after going back downstairs to hook up the air one of the guys burst around the corner and said to go around it. The obstruction was a footing for one of the building pilasters, where all the weight of the structure except the concrete curtain walls is carried.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)