What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

OldSub,

Glad to hear that you are on the mend.

Today I replaced a rear axle seal in the track roadster. Have it up on stands so I'll give it a good cleaning underneath. I drove it quite late in the Fall and got it really dirty, and that's how it went in the trailer for storage. Shame.

I'll have it ready for use in the the next week or so. need to fatten up the idle circuit one jet size and drop the initial timing back just a nudge or two. No hurry cuz roadster weather doesn't start here until late May anyway.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

sirstude

Today I am into the second day of babysitting a crashed server, of course it is the backup server for the Hospital.  A bit like watching paint dry, with all the vendors involved.  I wish they would just let me do it, or at least explain some of what they are doing.  I finally had to run the hardware guy out and do that myself.

Doug

If the vendor had let me do what I wanted yesterday, we would be already done.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

OldSub

Quote from: "sirstude"If the vendor had let me do what I wanted yesterday, we would be already done.
When I was young and healthy I'd pull all-nighters to get things done myself.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

enjenjo

Today I worked on the 32 for a while, then I rerouted the down spouts on the rear of the house where the foundation was fixed last fall. Now they go into drain pipes in the ground.

Yesterday I bought home the band saw I bought last week.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

Today I drove down to Portland In to pick up a set of axles at Moser. On the way I  stopped at Harmon Chevy parts to pick up some stuff for my Buick. On the way back we stopped at a salvage yard in Geneva In, and got some parts for a 62 Chevy truck. They have a lot of 60s and 70s cars there.

phat rat

I goofed off today. Took a drive in the cpe that was just over 300 mi. so I was gone most of the day.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "phat rat"I goofed off today. Took a drive in the cpe that was just over 300 mi. so I was gone most of the day.

I assume it ran cool the whole trip.   You must be a heck of a mechanic.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

reborn55

Got to work, the Ford dealer called and said our ambulance was done.  Piked it up--they ran one call and broke again--blew turbo hose off.  Real pain to get to in a van--fixed blower motor in another ambulance.  Then went to grandkids Spring sing.

phat rat

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Quote from: "phat rat"I goofed off today. Took a drive in the cpe that was just over 300 mi. so I was gone most of the day.

I assume it ran cool the whole trip.   You must be a heck of a mechanic.

John

Running cool so far.  I hope I was right in going to a regular radiator instead of the triple pass that was in it
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

bucketmouth

Wish you a speedy recovery there OldSub.
Today I refitted the trans line on my bucket that blew off a couple of days back so I can drive it tomorrow on a cruise.
I also removed the fuel tank sender from my 34 sdn to get the sender repaired and if that wasn't enough I removed the steering box from my 34 coupe as well as can be seen elsewhere on here.
Oh yeah my nissan parts hauler has the head of it but I'll have to pull the rest of the motor out when I get time. :roll:
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

enjenjo

Today I boxed up parts to ship. Some that I sold, and others that I am reshipping for our overseas friends.

Yesterday I built a 9" for a local car, Nodular carrier, spool, 4.56 gears, and Moser  axles. After that I took the wife to the emergency room. She had a lump on her leg, turned out to be a bruise, but I was worried about it being a blood clot.

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"After that I took the wife to the emergency room. She had a lump on her leg, turned out to be a bruise, but I was worried about it being a blood clot.
Yes a very scary thing. I'm glad she's OK Joe

grazza

Cros, I see a pattern starting to form here.  You need a life mate!!!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

papastoyss

We took in NSRA Nats South in Knoxville Fri & Sat. Nice mix of rods & a few post '48 models. Ha, the only donk wheels I saw were at the Billet Specialities  display!  Several longtime vendors were nowhere to be found.  Had severe flooding in Middle Tn Sat & Sunday , Interstates 40, 65 & 24 shut down in lower areas, some loss of life, many homes destroyed & autos washed away.A normally small creek across  from my dayjob shop washed the railroad tracks off the piers where it crosses the creek.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

enjenjo

Yesterday I repaired a lift axle on an 18 wheeler. Today I worked on the band saw I bought last week. All I need is a blade now.