1949 Cadillac Sedanet from HRM

Started by wayne petty, December 17, 2011, 12:45:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

its been kinda slow here.. though  i would speed it up with a luxo ride in a caddy..

enjoy..

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hrdp_1112_1949_cadillac_sedanet/

1800guy

A very similar car ran the 2008 event, named El Ballena Azul, or the blue whale (which I probably spelled wrong). - I wonder if that car was the inspiration for the one in the article?  That's a lot of steel to be wrestling through Mexico.  I think it had a lot of NASCAR hand-me-downs in the build - I'm pretty sure the crew at least were from the Carolinas.
My project is 90% finished, with only 90% to go.

WZ JUNK

I took this picture of their latest car last month at the shop that built the Caddy.  This is a Pierce Arrow that they plan to run at Bonneville next summer.  It was originally raced on the salt by Ab Jenkins and AJ Foyt.  It has been to the wind tunnel for some air flow improvements but it will be a flying brick.  Beautiful work on the car.  The Hot Rod Garage at Sand Springs, OK does great work.

The Caddy was not at the shop when I was there but I did visit with the owner.  He was still excitied from the race and looking forward to Bonneville.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Okiedokie

Wow, I did not know the Ab Jenkins connection. The body appeared to be fiberglass, maybe I did not look close enough. We all joked about what a brick it was, now I wish I had known that while looking at it. I will be out there in a few days and will look again. Thanks for the education. Joe

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.