Inactive accounts and invalid email addresses

Started by Fat Cat, June 24, 2005, 12:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

In an attempt to clean up the admin panel and reduce the size of the forum database. I am going to be removing accounts that have never posted a message or logged into their account. I will NOT be removing accounts of users that have posted messages or logged into your account. however if I find that there are a bunch of accounts that have not posted any messages I may remove those too.

If you are going to sign up for an account you need to become active and post. There are at this time 64 users that have never even logged into the forums after signing up.

I am also planning to remove accounts with invalid email addresses. I have stressed this on many separate posts and still get accounts where people do not update their email address when they change providers. When you do this I get an email in my inbox every time you subscribe to a thread with an invalid address. There is one that I am currently aware of on the 30 Model A on a blazer chassis thread and I have gotten like 15 emails telling me that the email address is invalid.

I will be doing all this on Sunday. So if you are worried your email address might be wrong you had better check it in the next couple of days.

Thanks

Fat Cat

Fat Cat

OK Update here is a list of email addresses that bounced messages. Mostly because the mailbox no longer exists but there are a few that have mail box over quota

jbclbcpe(at)aol.com
crbuf(at)aol.com
oldcarglassguy(at)aol.com
pris1n1paul(at)aol.com
builtbysal(at)yahoo.com
caffeyfan(at)yahoo.com
flipiiiboi(at)yahoo.com
hardlec1(at)yahoo.com
killer73chevelle(at)yahoo.com
dshepherd(at)edgil.com
pflaherty(at)ida.net
joe.turnkey(at)shaw.ca
jritter9629(at)rogers.com
testing(at)vialab.com
*(at)yahoo.ca
georgef(at)SunNet.net
foggg(at)sill.army.mil
daniel.szilagyi(at)holloman.af.mil
rogcin(at)freeway.net
jlester(at)canadawired.com
randallodesowens(at)netscape.net
soccermama43(at)yahoo.com
n653ds(at)netscape.net
nw018r3940_2(at)blueyonder.co.uk
hotrodford37(at)netscape.net
mbhigb(at)intellex.com

oddjob

Most of the time I just lurk can't never get across what I mean so I don't reply.After the Wife's passing I just veggatated for a year slowly coming out of it' doing work on a friends 37 ford and building me a Harley from scratch .Ill be a Louiville. Russ (oddjob)
Dodge Ram Tuff With Ford And Chevy Stuff

two to many

I too mostly lurk and try to absorb the knowledge from everybody on this board.I also will be at the NATS hopefully I get a chance to meet some others and then I will feel more comfortable posting.

Thanks
Todd :oops:

40cpe

Quote from: "Fat Cat"In an attempt to clean up the admin panel and reduce the size of the forum database. I am going to be removing accounts that have never posted a message or logged into their account. I will NOT be removing accounts of users that have posted messages or logged into your account. however if I find that there are a bunch of accounts that have not posted any messages I may remove those too.

If you are going to sign up for an account you need to become active and post. There are at this time 64 users that have never even logged into the forums after signing up.

I am also planning to remove accounts with invalid email addresses. I have stressed this on many separate posts and still get accounts where people do not update their email address when they change providers. When you do this I get an email in my inbox every time you subscribe to a thread with an invalid address. There is one that I am currently aware of on the 30 Model A on a blazer chassis thread and I have gotten like 15 emails telling me that the email address is invalid.

I will be doing all this on Sunday. So if you are worried your email address might be wrong you had better check it in the next couple of days.

Thanks

Fat Cat

I know this is an old post, but how can I update my email address? I log in and go to registration in my profile and it won't let me change it.
Gene

Fat Cat

Quote from: "40cpe"I know this is an old post, but how can I update my email address? I log in and go to registration in my profile and it won't let me change it.
Gene

Not sure why you can't change your email address. What sort of message are you getting when you try?

40cpe

Well, I got it this time, I didn't enter my password before. I didn't know it was necessary since I was logged in already. Things with gears and wheels are much more simple :D

Fat Cat

Quote from: "40cpe"Well, I got it this time, I didn't enter my password before. I didn't know it was necessary since I was logged in already. Things with gears and wheels are much more simple :D

Roger that. Glad it worked out for you.

4T64RD

http://www.poorboysflorida.com

New site!!!

Boycott IHOP!!! Buy American pancakes