my new ride

Started by chpd46, January 20, 2007, 05:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chpd46

Thought I'd throw up my newest ride ,I sold the Ply to pay bills and get a new one so here it is-I like it
built in 1967 in KC Mo. as a drag truck in the gas classes I'd guess, put away in 1968 and no more than 800 mi's put on it since.
1931 A PU ,still in its 1967 coat of primer ,325 Hp 327,Alum. flywheel, 3 spd stick , 4:11 posi 57 chev rear, roll bar, old school headers, fender's supported all around the OS edges w 3/8" rod per '67 NHRA hotrod rules,   :D

enjenjo

Looks like a sweet ride. you going to restore it, or make it yours?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chpd46

Quote from: "enjenjo"Looks like a sweet ride. you going to restore it, or make it yours?
semi restore it , probably update in certain area's to make it more drivable ,less compression, higher gears, modern hidden electronics that kind of thing other than that completely period parts.

chpd46

here's whats been done in pics

chpd46

engine fixed and running

chpd46

dash -I got a fair amount of stuff w it. I still need to locate and reinstall the correct 2" SW smaller gauges- these work, but were updated in '71 or 2 from the orig. build SW's
Interior using supplied parts
real Muncie shifter -been told they don't exist-w nos cal custom knob

chpd46

chpd46

weber clutch and Alum. flywheel

chpd46

these next three will leave no doubt about what the truck was built for in '67-Hoop

chpd46

chpd46

fender supports required  by NHRA in '67-9

39deluxe

Some of the flat handle stock shifters on late '60s to early '70s  4 speeds in Chevy products had the Muncie stamping. I think my '70 LS6 El Camino had it. I sold it in '74 though so I can't check.

Tom

chpd46

Quote from: "39deluxe"Some of the flat handle stock shifters on late '60s to early '70s  4 speeds in Chevy products had the Muncie stamping. I think my '70 LS6 El Camino had it. I sold it in '74 though so I can't check.

Tom
the person who had it all those years started an update in '71 or '72 , he pulled a number of things and added Vega (?) tailights , he pulled the BW 4 speed and put this 3 speed in. from what i have been able to find out the muncie shifters were used from 67-70 in camaro's+ chevelles ,mostly canadian builts,I plan on going back to a 4 speed  :D

39deluxe

I'd like to hear it run with those headers open. :D

chpd46

sounds sweet, kind of like an old A/FD back too long ago to repeat  :shock: had a warm day + had it out a couple days ago, F A S T ! Doesn't take much motor to make these things go like h_ll,and this one is above average.With the posi 4:11's and some remembered speed shifting, the resulting side swing on 1-2 and a bit on 2-3 makes me think I will shift slower from now on, LOL, It left no doubt about just what this truck was built for so long ago.I will have it open on cackle night (Sat night) @ BTT50's this year IF i can find enough spare gasket material.