2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

A new thread for 2024....  8)

Not much new here..  I have started the trim work on my windows in this mobile home.  Need more supplies.  Home Depot here we come. LOL
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Going to the oldest stepson's for our Christmas party which wasn't celebrated on the 25th, due to so many guests being in other places that day.  He said he's making ribs instead of traditional food. Yum, I like ribs way bettre than turkey.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Christmas lites are down.. We had very few up. 

Visit the Home Depot we like.. They had 1 of the 5 pieces of trim I needed for the interior trim work on this mobile home.  We drive west on a major raod here: Bell Road, towards 137 ave from 68th avenue. We found the trim we needed.

Drive around the corner to Wally World.  Picked up various needed food supplies
Tony

WZ JUNK

I split firewood.  Heating the shop with wood warms you in many ways.  Cutting the tree, hauling the wood home, splitting and stacking the wood, and finally feeding the furnace. :)
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

It was 39*F on the carport this morning as I cooked brakefast on the ol griddle..  It is 40* now, 2 hours later.

At least the sun is out today.
Tony

kb426

Spending money. Doing my part to support the economy. LOL. I'm going over everything that isn't as good as I expected on the 48. I dislike buying parts twice but you don't always get what you expect with name brand parts. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Today should be the last day of bad gas in the GTP. Finally! Hope it returns to normal after all the knocking.

Pic is the Bronco left rear corner that was so crunched at bottom and had an inch plus of filler on it. Sectioned the tail light panel and patched a pick hammered strip of qtr at that seam. Its fixed and in poly primer. ;)
Matt

kb426

TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

I took the Red Phat Gurl out for a run. I ended up at my mom's grave site to remove the Christmas decorations from the site. Its near 49 years that I have visited my mom's grave.

I then run west out the I-10 freeway towards the Luke Air Force base area thru Litchfield Park area.  Our RV 5th wheel is in storage there. Checked the RV and my car trailer is there too.

I have work to do on the RV this month.  Get it ready for a few thousand miles this summer.

The Goldwing offered up the usual performance the bike is capable of. I only bounced off the rev limiter a couple times till I was back in tune with the bike.  LOL

:arrow:  :shock:
Tony

chimp koose

Crosley , our winter is so mild here that I have seen bikes on the road this week . That is a first in my life time .We spent new years with our son in Calgary and then loaded up the Uhaul and brought him home to live with us . We will be going back to pick up his son , my grandson , and both will be living with us from now on . The situation he was living in was not manageable nor acceptable so he took a transfer and is coming home .We are grateful to be able to have them home with us where we can be of help .

idrivejunk

Welp... I don't think it was bad gas. GTP still clatters under boost. Deep inhale, shallow exhale. :blank:
Matt

58 Yeoman

Phil

idrivejunk

I'll take one of those, yep. :)

Just replaced the plug and wire on #3 (which is the hole the misfire code popped up on at the beginning) with ones from my spare engine at the shop. Fingers crossed, no drive yet.

Top plug in pic is the one I put in and that car was upside down but ran plenty after so thats why its black.

Bottom plug came out of #3 and my observations are that not the tip but the part around the tip sticks out of the ceramic a lot less than the top one. And... most eye-catchingly the tip is shiny on one side which can kind of be seen in pic. Didn't check gap on it. That plug could be damaged. I'll know soon enough!
Matt

idrivejunk

Won't be able to even pop the hood again or hunt parts until at least tomorrow. Parts store wants $12 for one plug. Today is all obligations so the car just has to go without. In a nice first dose of snow for the season so can't punch it anyway.  :)
Matt