2023: What are you doing today?

Started by 58 Yeoman, January 01, 2023, 10:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Congratulations, Phil. I'm sure you still have a smile on your face. :)
O&S made a tiny bit of progress today. One of the sets of alum. valve covers will clear the intake without a spacer. I have a set of cobra covers for an efi engine but there would have been a hose rubbing on the top of one cover. Not an option. :) I started bolting all of the front accys. on. I didn't get any of the fasteners for that so I've been digging through the stuff I saved from the vehicles I disassembled in the last few years. I'm missing the correct length for the alternator. Everything else came from the bolt pile. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Phil, I went back and looked at the pic of the car leaving. Now I'm grinning, also. :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Yeah, I thought so too, but he says he uses it all the time.  Hope he made it home okay.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

58 Yeoman

kb, yep, I'm smiling.  He couldn't understand why I was hesitant, as he does this all the time.  I don't remember ever selling anything that needed a cashiers check.

Phil

kb426

I had the privilege of changing oil in the boss's car today. :) 2nd time since new. Not too bad of a job. No splash shield to remove. :)
O&S then did a little work on the 5.0 engine. I found out that a hose that runs from the water pump to the steel heater lines is no longer being reproduced. I sure am glad I didn't cut that hose to remove it. :) Because the threads were poor in the alternator mount, I ended up using the longer bolts and using a nut on the bottom of the bracket. The flywheel and clutch are installed. The bellhousing is on but I haven't checked it for run out yet. Less boxes again. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

The 2 new doors are installed in the 48. What does that signify? Less stuff in the shop to work around. LOL.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Couple more daze of rain here...  Now we have flooding happening from rain and snow met in the northern AZ areas..  Cant win?

Of course the rain means more plant growth in the forest and deserts , which means more fires this year.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Tuesday :  wife and I got in a short ride on the Red Phat Gurl  before the rain moved in.  This is a Community park north a few miles from us. Ball fields, small fishing pond, kid play areas, BBQ , etc.  Real nice park
Tony

Arnold

Seems to be like a lifetime ago when I was building crates out of osb to store parts in..
YA the price of osb for 7/16 sheets hit $80 here in Canada...S. Ontario. OSB. That lifetime on going project came to a halt. I NEEDED to frame a window in our barn. 2 sheets 4x8 PLY . Construction grade..but ok. 1-1/2,1-3/8. That hit over $200. 2 pieces of cheap plywood.

I don't know about the ply price..but osb..

The other day in HD..price down to $16

Back to it.

Crosley.In.AZ

Playing a wait n see game with Amazon.

In the past, I have ordered couple small items.  Shipped from Amazon via Prime sale..  With a short quick delivery time. With in hours the items are shown "shipped" ... Hours later they are shown : "delayed" . Then the offer of "cancel for full refund" is applied by Amazon?

I am in no hurry for the pieces, next week  delivery will be fine. Will see what Amazon does next.

Oddly , the same items are still listed as quicker delivery than I have already waited.  :lol:   :lol:
Tony

phat46

Not sure if I showed these recent paintings on here. I have been away from the easel for a month or more, stuff happens, but I will be back at it soon. Git a great reference photo at the Detroit Autorama I want to do.

58 Yeoman

They look good Phat.  I sold my air jack today, no cars left here that I can use it on.

Phil

kb426

^^^^ Those are great!
O&S did a tiny bit of work today. I checked the bellhousing for runout. It was 4 thou. Max is 5 so I was happy with that. 2 of the idler pulleys on the belt drive weren't easily available so I bought bearings and pressed the old out and the new in. I ended up having to put them in the lathe to correct the radial runout. Another item that used to be real simple that took twice as long. :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

I've got my brothers car that I gave a quick clean up to sell to help pay his bills. Exhaust is noisy, so I checked the muffler, and it's not connected.  Okay, new muffler, but wait, the pipe in front of it is also junk. So I cut it off behind the cat, go inside to see who has the parts to fix it. Good grief, no parts available for a 2010 Nissan Versa without taking a loan.  I'll call Merlin muffler shop on Monday and see if they can do it.

Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: 58 Yeoman on March 25, 2023, 05:09:08 PMThey look good Phat.  I sold my air jack today, no cars left here that I can use it on.

Buddy of mine used one of thiose air jacks in his shop years ago. His customers were a lot of light trucks and service vans.  It was easy to lift the vehicle up , place jack stands as needed. I still miss Dan.. Melanoma Cancer got him
Tony