New Corvette

Started by phat46, July 19, 2019, 02:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

So now that we've seen the new mid engined Corvette what do you think? I really like it, it looks great to me, sposed to go 0-60 in 2.8 seconds, should handle even better than the last gen, and is priced under $60K. Seems like a bargain for a car that should be able to compete globally. I know some 'Vette guys aren't happy, but I think the time has come...there is a reason the exotic supercars are mid engined. 👍

lofat46

Just another in a long line of Chevy parts cars for hot rodders.  8)

phat46

Quote from: "lofat46"Just another in a long line of Chevy parts cars for hot rodders.  8)

That will be some nice parts!

kb426

I watched the videos. I'm one of those who like the 63-67 version for looks and performance because of the irs. My take on this is that it is an exceptional car for a reasonable price. It will be able to take a skilled driver where he hasn't been able to go before without  a full on race car. All the electronics could be a nightmare but look at how good most new vehicles are. The worst part of this to me is that the performance level is so good, you don't get to use very often. Halo car deluxe.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

I like the looks, and at less than $60K it'll be an exceptional car for the price.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Will be interesting on what twin turbos will do for the unit..  I am sure one or 3 willl be at some land speed events before too long.

of course the amateur a** clowns crashing them from a lack of driving talent.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Mikej

My guess is there won't be any in the under $60,000 range.