critters

Started by idrivejunk, April 29, 2023, 10:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

That's how we know the world isn't flat. Cats would have knocked everything off by now.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

What if you yell at the cat:

"HEY! Knock it off!"  ;D

Would it quit that, or....

My cat was Pearl. She lived long enough to buy liquor but never did and dang she must have been special. She never tipped anything over. A true pussyfoot.

Pogo is a goof, a klutz who knows how to flip a food bowl if need be. :lol: But hasn't learned the rule about the hand that feeds you. We have to spell the word chicken around him. He is also the type that hides. Won't run away, just sacks out in oblivion somewhere then shows up ready to play at bedtime. Then the other cat wants in or out at 4AM. And the two cats will not get along even after sharing a home for years. Young male is just too curious about the old female.

Been noticing some fairly colossal ants on the shade tree at the shop. I'd sure hate to have those in my pants. :arrow:
Matt

idrivejunk

Excuse me if I am going all Marlin Perkins here.  :) Mutual of Omaha does not sponsor this thread.

I used to enjoy the Aardvark cartoons-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WPUvO7ircyU&pp=ygUUcGluayBwYW50aGVyIGdpIGFudHM%3D

Wasn't fast enough to catch a good pic of one of those gi-ants yet but I did see another critter that caught my eye out by the tree. Pretty bright blue common insect that took flight as I got a blurry pic.

Who can guess what I saw? I may have just never seen the light catch one right but I'm a big fan of blue.

Have you guys heard of Han Blue and Purple, or Egyptian Blue? Those pigments are pretty wild ancient mindblowers with inexplicable properties. Critters are involved in making some extremely pricey pigments.
Matt

idrivejunk

It was a mud dauber. Never realized they are blue. Nice hue of it. Theres also some blue wasps that eat crickets.

The ancient pigments mentioned are enigmatic, defying analysis because of some quantum dimensional aspect, blah blah near infrared... some made from cooked seashell scrapings or snail squeezins of some sort. It "collapses a dimension". Meaning it can exist in a two dimensional state but in our three dimensional world. How can we put this in car paint is what I'm sayin.  :shock:

https://www.ancient-origins.net/artifacts-ancient-technology/han-purple-2800-year-old-artificial-pigment-quantum-020105
Matt

idrivejunk

Walked through a face high spiderweb first thing today, no other critter encounters to report. Which is wierd, I was at Pogo's place yesterday and did not see hide nor hair of either cat. Be that as it may...

This morning I saw yet another maggot gagger online.

New Camaro made to resemble something else. This time, a 69 Chevelle. Last one I saw was 70 Chevelle. Before that, half a dozen places making Firebirds out of them.

Gross, man. Care to speculate what mindset generates these things? I don't get it. It just doesn't add up. :blank:
Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

That wasn't a bad Gene Wilder impression, Bill.

Its a cute little coyote pup.  :)

I heard it run. Sounds like a V8 Ford. Hood and sides are done but some other paint issues remain. It went to see a local tuner before putting the hood on for keeps.
Matt

34ford

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ done 8)

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

So which Mustang generation do you guys want if you can take your pick and have it your way?

And what if you could opt for a Maverick or Cougar or Fairmont instead, would you?

Critter quiz. Ignore monetary value. :)
Matt

chimp koose

58 Yeoman

I bought a 68 new, a 69 used later on, then a 66 fastback GT.  I liked the 68 best because it was new and didn't have any problems.  I liked the 66 because it was sportier, but had problems, like rust.  If I could have what I want now, it would be another 66 Fastback.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

chimp koose

my first running driving car was a 65 fastback. High school car , then drag raced it . Got a picture of it in national dragster in july of 83 when I got a runner up at canadian national open event. Tied for season championship at our local track that year and lost the runoff race on a .002 red light to become runner up .

idrivejunk

In the early 80s Mom had a low miles 68 coupe that I used for a few pretty or rich girl dates. Gold with black stripe, 200 auto, no power, underdash air. It was in like new condition for the most part.

I think I have a pic someplace. Still had a * (proper name censored) Price L/M used car tag on it.

My like doesn't start until '68 and it is just the GT style that I dig then. Because Bullitt chase and a hoppy reverse burnout.

By the way, on a tangent, that car chase in Bullitt was a real stretch. Its a sad day when a fuilgrown Charger cannot shove a Mustang around. McQueen mighta been a racecar guy but my money would be on that Hickman stunt dude with the horn rims in a real life grudge chase.

I digress... it was the car chases which inspired me. The root of automotive passions I once had actually do center around wanting vehicles that go and keep going like that. Thats how come the Seven Ups chase ranks right there with Bullitt. Big car wins. Plus all Pontiac and smashing Mopars. Ha.

I did a whole 70 Mach1 job a decade ago (all but paint), soupy 351, red 4 speed, and drove it barely. Being a coil spring man I did not feel as though I could push it any at all being so leaf springy and light but nose heavy, without using both lanes. Mom's car was a whitewalled dud only good for pegleg brake stands.

The 69 GT I am working on now, behind that Mach1 job, has firmed up my opinion on favorite. 69-70 style just eats 64-1/2 to 68 style for lunch. Stodgy vs groovy. Fancy vs cool. I am not a late boomer but an early X-er and theres a definite style distinction there.

I would not kick out the 2005 gen style for eating crackers in bed but I would for drive by wire and because they are waaay too common. But they can look good. Still double what I could afford for just the crappiest ones.

A 69-70 with a GM L67 would be a nifty driver. Leastwise thats a thought like I get being where when and who I am. It would be a strange critter.

Now if I could just think of a critter reference to drop a Nomad pic or two. I enjoy looking at the work all smoothed out (but not yet shiny and it'll be a long while if ever).

Finis coronat opus! :)
Matt