Instant fill gas cap question

Started by chimp koose, February 10, 2020, 02:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

I am almost ready to finish my saddle tank fuel tanks . I want to use the easy fill capless fuel filler caps , with another cap over those for looks. The easy fill has a flap to close it that should hopefully keep fuel spillage to a minimum on the saddle tanks . the filler will be at the back of each tank and susceptible to fuel slosh. When I go to my auto parts store they cant seem to look them up . Stant makes them and I am sure others do too . Does anyone have a vehicle application that would allow them to find one ? Another one is permacap but I am not sure where I could get them . I would like to order locally as I would like to see one before purchase as I will likely need to modify them to work in my set up . Some may lend themselves better for modification than others . Any help is appreciated .

Charlie Chops 1940

My 2017 Jeep Traihawk Grand Cherokee has one of those bot I never tried to take it off but it must be replaceable. I have one om '40 convert that came with a Hagen flush fuel door kit.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

Stant 41003  GM applications. That should get you started
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

the 2012 chrysler 300 had one. The 2019 edge has one also. I didn't find a listing for the edge. One the 300, you have to by the filler neck and cut of the top. It was around $80.
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I ordered a fuel tank hose set from these guys today.https://www.fillernecksupply.com/.  They have a lot stuff but maybe not what you need.

The stuff I needed was $40, compared to nearly $200 locally.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

chimp koose

I found the stant part # 41003 now just have to find someone that sells stant product in town . 3 major parts stores do not .

chimp koose

Ordered from rock auto as no local guys carry stant products. gets here in a week

papastoyss

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I ordered a fuel tank hose set from these guys today.https://www.fillernecksupply.com/.  They have a lot stuff but maybe not what you need.

The stuff I needed was $40, compared to nearly $200 locally.
Yogi's Tanks division carries a good supply of filler hoses w/different shapes.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

chimp koose

Thanks for the link . I will make my filler necks come out at the back of the aprons just in front of the rear fenders . My filler necks will be pretty short and need some hose to connect the filer cap piece to the fill pipe coming out of the tank. That's why I was looking for the gas flap caps as its just another way to prevent fuel slosh out of the filler neck . I will cut the caps down to fit into the filler neck and then make a screw on cap to cover the easy fill cap. Vented tank .