2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I went to the Southwest Missouri Hot Rod 100 yesterday.  Mainly I wanted to meet up with my brother and visit with friends that I do see often.  There must have bee about 250 cars that drove the 100 miles and had lunch in the park.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

It rained cats, dogs, small farm animals here sunday nite.

On Directv SAT service the station FETV has started showing the old Highway Patrol show with Broderick Crawford as Dan Mathews.  Of course I am recording the show
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

This is what happened today. The 72 is on it's way to a new owner.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

After helping load the truck, I took the profits from that project and went to McDonald's and ate, on the dollar menu. LOL.
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: kb426 on April 02, 2024, 08:55:11 PMAfter helping load the truck, I took the profits from that project and went to McDonald's and ate, on the dollar menu. LOL.

Or: the secret senior menu?

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

I watched that entire series years ago-

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiPNgE-Z-5RRov3vzyzVze7ru86056UIA

The star was a persistent drunk driver who by the end of the series couldn't even legally drive.

Last two vehicles I sold had to be pretty much given away for a small donation. You did good, Bill. Because it was not just built but also driven.

A front tire on the 69 has worn through, noticed it last weekend. Thinking now that scrapping all four GPs is the way to go. Can't even buy a decent tire now. No more V8 time for me unless I figure a way out. Even just the how to get my junk to a tire place.

Mom just got covid. Her only wish for me has never changed, she only wants me to drive Japanese air conditioners. I am defeated.

Frt susp xmember on the 73 was mud packed and rusted through. Fixed that, shaving all holes in aprons now. There were 25 on the right.
Matt

kb426

Phil and Tony, no to both. :) A friend came over to have me press axle bearings on for him. The 1st bearing we took out of the box fell apart. It's a tapered cone. I put it back together and spun it while holding the parts in my hand. It made some noise so he went to get another bearing. :) It was something I had never seen before. This was on a BOP 12 bolt rear. It has axle bearing retainers instead of c clips.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

QuoteThis was on a BOP 12 bolt rear. It has axle bearing retainers instead of c clips.

Yes, kind of rare. No parts interchange with any other GM rear end. Very few ratios available for it too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

Worked on the chopper today . Machined the jack shaft to size . Now I need to cut splines for the sprockets tomorrow and then a left and right thread . Went to 3 stores before I could get a three quarter NF left hand thread nut . Checked on a few jobs for my retirement . Post secondary trade school wants me on their sub list which is great . Hot rod shop I worked at last summer wants me back so I will start there after summer . He is good with me not showing up when there is substitute teaching work and also understanding about me starting later after I take my grandson to school . Also talked to an electric motor rebuilding shop and they would like me to do machining for them from my home shop when I get everything working . Retirement will be busy !

idrivejunk

If any of you want a couple or three Grand Prixs, come load them up. I no longer have the price of admission to the automotive community. A pair of 15s costs what a full set of 17s does, and theres no brand choice. Thats it, I am licked. I fear that even though I only have 13K left to pay on the house, I won't make that either. This is very very very sad but only to me. The greed outpaced me by a longshot and I admit defeat. What does a lifelong car-only guy do when its all over? I'd just as soon ball up under a rock and rot, feel sick. No reason to continue having the car job. The greedy can take all their greed and shove it. Close the curtains.
Matt

idrivejunk

Think I finished up engine compartment of the 73 today. Glad to be done pretending I'm a Mustang engine. Running out of bandaids. Caught a slag ball on the collar today.
Matt

kb426

The new radiator for the 48 arrived in good shape today. if I'm full of energy, I will tackle the changeover tomorrow. :) Most of the sheet metal has to come off the front to do that. I don't want to have a case of the stupids when doing that. I'm not sure how much fabrication will be involved in mounting the new fan. I have a plan but like all of my plans of the last several years, they may need a revision,,,, or two. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Finished the splines and threading on the jack shaft today. Have to pick up bearings tomorrow and finish size the shaft for them . Then I can bore the housing tube to fit bearing OD and machine some end cover(retainers) with seals for the ends of the housing . I have to make pedestals to mount the contraption to the bike yet as well . I am thinking of using some 1 inch aluminum plate I have laying around for that . The plan is to have the bearings running in an appropriate level of oil in the housing rather than have a jack shaft running in a pair of pillow block bearings with exposed grease zerks. The greaseable bearings just look a bit too crude for my liking .