Aussie 62 Falcon & 1949 Ford Ute

Started by Big G, December 28, 2008, 08:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big G

Hi, I haven't posted for quite a while but I thought I would show you guys my 62 falcon.  I purchased this car because I was frustrated waiting for my 49 Ford Ute (Ranchero) to be finished by the panel beater.

As I have gone the early falcon-V8 route before, I decided to put a worked  221CI six cylinder in this one & it will be mated to a C10 auto with a stage 2 shift kit.  The six is being built at the moment & hopefully should be finished next week.

This is how I bought her

This is NOW !!!!!

The 1949 ute looked like this the last time I saw her last February, I haven't visited because the last time I was so disappointed that the Panel man had not done as much as he led me to believe.  I ring him every week & he assures me that all panels have been finished and hopefully it will painted next month.

The front has the arch in the bonnet removed and is straight it will have a straight tube grill, the headlights are frenched and the front window will be but jointed with no rubber. There will be a frenched aerial in the fender.

There a lot of custom work on  her, the roll pan, LED lights and the tailgate is now flush with the side panels and hinges are hidden, the rear edge of the wheel arch is rounded following the curve of the body.
Regards Glynn
There is NUTHIN like a throbbin V8

hewey

Big G

Yeah, that was last january, got so peed off that I haven't been there since, ring him every week, he assures me the body work is nearly finished and reckons he will be painting it in a month. If :roll:  I had a dollar for everytime he has promised to have it finished, I would be rich !!!!!! :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
Regards Glynn

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Big G"Yeah, that was last january, got so peed off that I haven't been there since, ring him every week, he assures me the body work is nearly finished and reckons he will be painting it in a month. If :roll:  I had a dollar for everytime he has promised to have it finished, I would be rich !!!!!! :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

so that same "its almost ready "  crap goes happens  in OZ too?

:wink:  :wink:  :wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

38HAULR

Yep it happens here also mate. Usually a buddy doing things in his own time, doing friend,s vehicle,inbetween jobs,or a shop that does poor time management,taking on plenty of work that is beyond capacity     One thing I did learn the hard way though. Although our laws here ,now deal with  auto dealers who misrepresent vehicles for sale. It appears that in the US., Some states?. You can misrepresent a motor vehicle advertised for sale,and get away with it?........Frank.

Big G

This is what we did with the stock six cylinder head.

We made a plate to fit the Holley 350 onto the head.

This is what she looks like now

This is what she will tow
Regards Glynn

chris spokes

8)  cool setup glynn now it looks like your gunna have to make up your mind, do you lower the van or raise the carport :lol:
he who has the most toys wins

Big G

I sput the dummy with my mate and the car comes home today.

He hasn't done a lot of work to it and he apologised for taking so long.

I will post some pics tonight.
Regards Glynn

enjenjo

Quote from: "Big G"I sput the dummy with my mate and the car comes home today.

He hasn't done a lot of work to it and he apologised for taking so long.

I will post some pics tonight.

Too bad, I have been there too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Big G

Guess what ????????? The car is still not home and he claims he is too busy to pack it up, I cannot help but wonder wether he hasn't lost some parts.
Regards Glynn

parklane

If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??