Model A job

Started by idrivejunk, July 25, 2018, 08:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

It's really looking good. That's an awesome car.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

kb426

Leaving for the interior? 1st time somebody pulls up behind that car and sees the tires, it will leave an impression. :) Looking good. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Look at the rear side windows and compare to most chopped A's . Then give yourself a pat on the back ! Nice job on the chop! 8)

jaybee

I keep coming back to these pics. I like it. I like it a lot.

idrivejunk

What tahell happened to the other pictures with resizer in title? I have to download them to even see and all that gets me is a jumble of garbled pixels. What a joke. Pics on page one look fine.

Matt

kb426

I'm going to have to learn to cover dashes with fabric. Looks good. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

This new software is giving us fits. It is being worked on but no end in sight.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

I have had good luck with covering compound curves but it does require some experimenting.  Some materials are easier to work with than others.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

chimp koose

WOW , the dash is great ! 8)  8)  8)

idrivejunk

Bill, Frank, John, CK, jaybee, +... howzabout just a business end shot? Her hair is still in curlers and she looks a fright perhaps but oh... I heard her sing. That means yeah the pipes are crooked but it needs "a million" things and it runs and moves.

PS: Frank, the Josh in the next stall is tackling a pre-pancaked pre-patinaed and re-proportioned Studebortion and well... yep its good he's a younger fellow. I seen them fenders and went oh. It had flip front but will be normal hood, lift off clip. Hes gonna hafta make everything. Frame is boxed stock.
Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

jaybee

That A is absolutely gorgeous, inside and out. Incredible fit and finish, and all that rubber on the rear makes me smile because it's practically a real life CARtoon.

The Stude. Hmm, that one has me scratching my head. I see potential there, but it's hard to figure out what to do about it. The proportions...it looks too big in some places, too small in others. To high in some places, too low in others.

Hmmm, I have an idea. I think the wheel arches need to be either a better match to the top of the fenders or rounded to match the tire and modernize the look. That second option would greatly reduce the visual bulk of the fenders. The aprons that drop down to cover the frame ahead of the rear fenders need to have a break at the same level as the doors or a character line at that level in order to make the midsection of the truck look longer and more continuous. Bob the the back end of the rear fenders. I think with those changes everything looks a lot different and better.