Grille Repair, know anyone who does it???

Started by 1939coupe, July 31, 2007, 11:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1939coupe

Hello everyone,
                       I would like to repair the grille on my '39 Olds. One of the Horizontal bars is missing. Does anyone know someone who can repair my grille? I think its made of Pot Metal?

Would it be possible to take my grille and make a form with it to CAST an aluminum Grille. Does anyone know someone that Casts Alum?

Cheers :b-d:

rumrumm

Check Hemmings and see if you can find one. You might be able to make one good one out of two. Do you have a photo of it you can post?
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

1939coupe

Quote from: "rumrumm"Check Hemmings and see if you can find one. You might be able to make one good one out of two. Do you have a photo of it you can post?

Here's a photo of my Grille.

enjenjo

If it was me, I'd ask around for a good welding shop. We have a couple here that can handle repairing that. Another thought is Custom Chrome in Graffton Ohio, they can repair it and replate it, but they are backed up all the time, and it won't be cheap. It will be perfect.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Hey..good to see you got your "photo issue " resolved ... :D

I agree with Frank on Custom Chrome ..Had some work done by them about 10 years ago for a customers car ,( I cant afford them) , like Frank says ....Perfect ...Not cheap--- but Perfect.....No questions..no problems ..specializing in "pot metal" repairs.....

Try these folks for a NOS or useable grille ...Advise them that you need a "parts grille " & what you are trying to do ...

http://www.fusick.com/
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

1939coupe

Thanks guys, I wish I had the piece that broke out of the grille. I guess I will just keep looking. The grille is 2 piece joined in the middle. I would be happy to find just the half needing repair.

Thanks again, 1939coupe