The times they are a changin'

Started by Carps, January 20, 2007, 07:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

On Christmas day my '33 looked like this, but was parked inside coz the weather was rather unAustralian and it was snowing outside.      :shock:

By new years day it looked like this, coz it stopped snowing and the sun came out.

What you can't see is all the sound insulation and other things that were resolved, added during the same working spree.  It's much better to drive now coz the only noise heard inside is from the tailpipes or..... the new music/entertainment system.    :D

Glass?  You'll just hafta wait and see what happens next.   :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

enjenjo

So nobody can recognise you now. It's been like that for near 10 years, hasn't it? What are the wheels?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

donsrods

Very nice looking little sedan.  Sits right and has a very balanced look.

Don

Rayvyn

Quote from: "donsrods"Sits right and has a very balanced look.
Don

Glad you specified the car and not the owner. He's as unbalanced as they come... :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

39deluxe

That's a sweet little C'dan. You don't need no stinkin glass if you leave it inside when it snows.

Carps

Quote from: "enjenjo"So nobody can recognise you now. It's been like that for near 10 years, hasn't it?
Hmm, prolly closer to 15.

QuoteWhat are the wheels?

The wheels are locally made by Ian Splatt's 'Dragway Wheels'.  You guys probabaly never heard of Splattie but you may know of his daughter Rachelle, the first female in the NHRA 300mph club.

Dragway still make a similar wheel but the centres are flatter and they have letters cast into them to satisfy the current legal requirments.  The centres are cast aluminium and the rims chromed steel. Yhe two parts are bolted together.

Carps

Carps

Quote from: "donsrods"Very nice looking little sedan.  Sits right and has a very balanced look.
Thanx Don, it's  atad higher than I'd like in the tail but the tyres don't rub on the fenders and it rides nice.  So I can live with it.

What usually confuses most 'Murricans is the Deuce rear doors and roof back-half, which give me the best of both worlds

No radical body work by me, that's the way Aussie 33/4 sedans were made.  The rolling chassis with firewall, hood, fenders and running board etc, arrived from Canada and was fitted with a locally built body.  To save money the '32 sedan rear doors and back half of the roof were carried over to the new body.  The other uniquie Aussie feature to come out of this use of old parts was the 'side spear' that fits between the doors and running boards to hide the chassis rails.  It's also just as well I'm a big 'woodie' fan since the body is built on a timber frame-work like early Chevies, so I get the best of everything, even if DRD insists it has two too many doors.
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "donsrods"Sits right and has a very balanced look.
Don

Glad you specified the car and not the owner. He's as unbalanced as they come... :lol:

Yup, and I'm in good company!   :wink:
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "39deluxe"That's a sweet little C'dan. You don't need no stinkin glass if you leave it inside when it snows.

Thank you too, we don't get snow here (normally).  A cold day is when the temperature drops below 50.  The abnormal bit happened on Christmas day this year on a day when the average temperature over my lifetime has been around 90 degrees.  So what happend this past Christmas?  Yup, it snowed cold white fluffy stuff all over our neighbourhood almost all day long.  UNBELIEVABLE but true and the greenies wnder why I don't believe their global warming bullstuff.   :shock:
Carps

pvcerod

Gooday Carps.....So this is what ya do in ya spare time.........ya come over ere to annoy these Folks. :roll:  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Happy Cruzin
Steve