What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Thanks Chris, let's see if this works.

https://i.postimg.cc/NjBwQ7MC/Corey-Burnout.jpg

OK that sorta worked, but it appears this works gooder..

Explanation of the image.  My lady's 18 year old son who learned to drive in his mother's V8 Hot Rod, is no longer allowed to drive it now he has a license.   The fresh license also is on probation for 3 years and as such isn't allowed to drive a V8 powered car.  But he is allowed to drive a stock(ish) 90 year old Model A Ford with no shock's mechanical brakes and all the other stuff that makes such a car a bit of a challenge.

The old gal is mint and a bunch of fun too, so as money allows, Corey is updating it with a few hot rod style modifications.  The front shocks transformed the way it drives and rear are the next challenge.  The wiring was a bit dodgy so Corey is slowly working his way through it and has already fitted a six volt alternator.  The wheels are stock '35 Ford up front with widened '32 units at the rear for that traditiona just right rubber rake.  There's a few leafs from the front springs also been sent on vacation and that helped soften the way it rides.  Braking requires a few days advance planning and steering means getting started on winding the wheel a few minutes before arriving at the corner.  But boy is it a bunch of fun.  Corey's mum has given me a second lease on life but this old car and it's young owner take me back to when life was something else altogether.

Anyhow we have a friend Nom Hardinge, who has a couple of Bonneville and DLRA records under his belt plus a 300mph club membership and every time Norn see's Corey he greets him with, "Hey Corey, your car is full of sick, do a burnout!"  So recently Norm received this image of Corey at the wheel of his old banger doing an awesome burnout.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

OK it seems I have it all sussed out including how to resize for quick easy loading and to fit a smaller screen than mine.

My '33 Ford has changed a little since it last appeared here and it's almost at the point where it can be called 'done'.

The Humpy has been cleaned up and the last job was restoration of the wheels I had custom made back in 1970.  Not an inexpensive job but they are more perfect than before and the car is now exactly as it was 47 years ago.

Outside my future In-Law's house in 1970, with shiny new wheels.

Same location today.

In-law's driveway about 12 months before our wedding day.

Almost the same location today.

That'll do for now as I don't think you need a bazillion images posted here from me, if you're interested in what's been happening then maybe make me your facebook friend and we can save Enjenjo some bandwidth. and Ill stick with what's relevant for here.
Carps

phat46

About six hours into a new painting, this one is a lot of fun, but frustrating at the same time. The picture is cropped a bit to be able to show it here.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Carps"That sucks big time Tony and reinforces what I have always said.  No matter how tough you think things may be there's always somebody worse off.

The last thing my late wife said to me while I held her in my arms as she took her last breath was, "Just get on with it."  And so I am.

Carps:  you hit the nail on the head... You never know what the back side story of people are. Some folks share stuff... others keep it inside.

Your late wife was correct:  Get on with it.. We grieve every day for our son and I know your late wife is on your mind....  on the flip side we must move forward with our lives the best we can.

Hang around the RRT ... post a bit as you can.  We all enjoy it..  :!:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Carps

Quote from: "Crosley"Hang around the RRT ... post a bit as you can.  We all enjoy it..  :!:
Like a bad smell!  :D
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "phat46"About six hours into a new painting, this one is a lot of fun, but frustrating at the same time.
That looks awesome so far.  Keep at it so I can see the finished product, I'll give you until next week, OK?   :D
Carps

phat46

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "phat46"About six hours into a new painting, this one is a lot of fun, but frustrating at the same time.
That looks awesome so far.  Keep at it so I can see the finished product, I'll give you until next week, OK?   :D

Update, about nine hours into it now, I thought it would take about 12 hrs., now I think more like 14-15!

58 Yeoman

It still amazes me that you can paint a picture of something that looks like a real object. If I tried to paint a cycle, it would look like a stick figure of a person.  :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

chimp koose

phat46

Well, I think the Harley painting is finished, I might go back and highlight a few things, but I'm pretty happy with it. About 15 hrs total.

kb426

TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I spent the day making the parts for my new rear end jig. Lots of drilling and grinding, and some time on the lathe. Then I did some more disassembly on the Jag front end I am rebuilding. Also spent about an hour sandblasting parts. More tomorrow.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

That engine painting is good!

I am about to try to upload an art pic, wish me luck. :shock:  :arrow:
Matt

idrivejunk

Tried drawing my car without looking at it or a pic last weekend. Left off trying to get the far windshield post right. That spot has always been tough for me to draw. But I was working toward a slobbery fire breathing tire smoking wheelstanding type pic and figured I had better start with this to keep it honest. Before I cheat by doing computer stuff to it.
Matt

phat46

Quote from: "idrivejunk"Tried drawing my car without looking at it or a pic last weekend. Left off trying to get the far windshield post right. That spot has always been tough for me to draw. But I was working toward a slobbery fire breathing tire smoking wheelstanding type pic and figured I had better start with this to keep it honest. Before I cheat by doing computer stuff to it.

Nice drawing, I used to draw a lot of cars from memory too, but lately I need reference. The windshield post seem to be a problem for me too, but usually the drivers side, making it lean back and in at the same time. Passenger side usually needs more slant than we realize. No need for computer stuff, those are great, amazing pieces in their own right, but I prefer hand drawn artwork myself.