My '69 GP

Started by idrivejunk, January 28, 2012, 10:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Hi folks. Figured it was high time I introduced myself. I like the general tone and purpose of this forum and it seems that many of you have tons of experience to share.

About me- I'm a Pontiac lover, I own two Grand Prixs, a 69 and 99. The 455 serves weekend duty while the 3800 hauls me to work at the HACK shack, a classic and custom shop in NW Arkansas. I see a few of you are around Wichita, and I was born and raised near there. Have lived a few other places and done some other things, but my career has mainly been in the auto body shops and paint stores. I have fixed hundreds of late model wrecks and restored a double handful of cars and trucks, mostly from the 60s and 70s. I do have a project coming up that involves a Model A, I believe. Have done many laps on power tour and I am a little excited that it will be close by this year.

My username- thats another story ... my stuff is junk to the mainstream population!

Anyway, just wanted to speak up in proper fashion here. If I can lend a hand or if I am confronted by a relevant issue, I'll be here asking and answering when the opportunity arises. Nice forum, guys!

Matt

enjenjo

I always thought the 69 was the best year.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

UGLY OLDS

NICE Car .... 8)   I like it ....  :b-d:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Thank you gents! When I was in high school and these things were running all over the place, I always wondered how they would look without chrome. Now we know. I have a mild '71 455 in it, chirpy TH400 and a 3.31 Chevy twelve bolt posi. Had the car since the turn of the century, painted it a decade ago with a custom Sikkens mix (pics are from 2011). Fun, fun! See y'all around ...  :)
Matt

39deluxe

Welcome abroad. That '69 is also my favorite GP. Sure isn't junk in my opinion.

Tom

chimp koose

nice toy and welcome to the RRT.