1966 Nova Build

Started by Glen, May 24, 2010, 10:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen

Quote from: "chimp koose"I like to look at projects in the works more than finished cars.

I am the same way....and I would rather be at home working on a project than out driving one of my finished cars.

Charlie Chops 1940

Great stuff Glen. Like the addition of a anti-roll bar on the rear. Will you also do a panhard bar? I find the rear diagonal bar only on a 4-link to be inadequate for housing control on a street car. Very nice work as usual. Not off-topic for me. Well done is well done!

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

jaybee

Love the progress pics, that's going to be a great car.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Glen

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Will you also do a panhard bar? I find the rear diagonal bar only on a 4-link to be inadequate for housing control on a street car.

Thanks for the compliment....I plan to run a wishbone....it will need more than a diagonal bar.  No panhard bar.

Glen

Woohoo....a long weekend,  The control arms off the old chassis were too short, so I had to make new ones.

dragrcr50

nice job there glenn,  I like it.....still in the middle of my new henry j build , so i appreciate your work....i went with the 25.4 but used a swing out bar for old guys as i dont intend to run better that 9,0  , it will cert at 8.50  ill keep wathcing this one for sure....
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Glen

A little more progress.  Things really slowed down once I started on the Funny Car Cage.  There are still a few bars that go in here to complete it but overall you can see the shape.  I wanted the two hoops front and rear to be symmetrical, so when you look thru the windshield it looks like a true FC cage and not a jail cell.

I also located the front motor plate and had some tabs waterjet cut to weld to the frame.

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

zzebby

Yeh, really nice work.....and how do you keep your shop so clean ??

Glen

Quote from: "zzebby"how do you keep your shop so clean ??

I try to limit the flat surfaces, it makes you put things away.  I do take a lot of pride in the shop, its something I always wanted and after 4 years it still looks pretty good.

enjenjo

My shop always looks like a tornado just went through it.

GPster

Maybe it has something to do with the difference of working with new stuff or old stuff. GPster

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"My shop always looks like a tornado just went through it.

But you did win the "Messiest Bench " contest a few years back ... :D  

He ain't kidding Glen ...He even piles stuff on the VERTICAL surface's.... :shock:

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Carnut

HEH! Waaait A Minute! I thought I won the messiest work bench contest?

enjenjo

QuoteBut you did win the "Messiest Bench " contest a few years back

Most of it is still there. :roll: