2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I went in for gum surgery today. I had some bone growth that kept my dentures from fitting properly. I have to wait six weeks before they fit my new dentures, and now the temporary dentures no longer fit ::)  Oh well, my Dr wants me to lose some weight. He may get his wish.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: sirstude on April 22, 2024, 10:41:31 AMMontana allowed lane splitting a couple of years ago.  Last week I was sitting at a lite in the left lane and it turned green.  Before I could even move a Harley came from 2 cars behind and blew by me. Wasn't ready for him.

A year (?) ago , Arizona put in place a law of : " Lane Filtering" for motorcycles.  This Only applies to street riding, it is different from "Lane Splitting".  Lane Filtering is used in street  traffic at traffic lights with traffic stopped or moving slowly.  Motorcycles are allowed to "filter" between vehicles to the front of the traffic.

This law has caused a large amount of confusion with motorcycle riders and also people in a regular vehicle that have never seen this action. Many riders now split lanes everywhere, which is not what the new AZ law is.

:o
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Hey Frank, my wife has put us on a Mayo Clinic diet since January this year.  More fruits and veggies, and sometimes the portions are way too much for me to eat.  We've both lost 25 pounds; this morning I weighed exactly 200.0, a weight I can't even remember being it's been so long.

A friend of mine has his grandson paint his '68 GTO yesterday, so I took the blue Corvair for a ride to see how it came out (good), and to also get the engine warmed up to change the oil and filter.  Less than a mile from home, I heard 'something' and when I pulled into the shop, I saw that it had thrown the fan belt.  It threw the belt because the harmonic balancer came apart, luckily not hitting anything like the oil filter right next to it.

I ordered a new USA made one from Clark's Corvair Parts for...wait for it...$320 plus more for the seal. Geez.  I checked the other vair with same engine, and I can see that balancer is getting bad also.  I'll order one for that later on.  Then a member of a Corvair group  says he knows a company that rebuilds them for less than $150.  Wondering if rebuilts are as good as new?

I'm still having breathing problems, tomorrow is two weeks.  We thought it was allergies/pollen, but if I'm not feeling better tomorrow, we get to spend the day in the ER.  Next month is surgery on my nose for skin cancer.  Getting old is getting old.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Geeez , you old guys?  :shock:  I've been dealing with my low back left side for 2 weeks.  All my usual fixes , tricks , stretching, etc has failed to help me much. Between my stenosis and defects in my L1 thru L5 , the back pain is life for me. Some days it is worse , like it has been lately

Visit to the new doctor PCP one...  I hear those words we luv: "At your age" ,,,, soon I am having this test, that test , the CT scan of my heart.

With that said , my wife is losing her middle 75 yr old sister to dementia. That started a year ago with couple of black outs while driving. No accidents... some how she stepped on the brake as she blacked out.  There have been tests, re-test... drivers license suspension by the doctor. She has fade out episodes like a seizure , multiple times a day, then the  confusion, memory loss, reactive anger at higher levels.. THE situation drains my wife and the oldest sister  a bit. We are not new to dementia. Next month there is a meeting with the neurologist for results of recent tests and the results of a  2 day long brain scan on a recorder.

8)
Tony

idrivejunk

SOP, patching over the completed plug welded sail panel seams on the 73 ford job is done.
Matt

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Thanks, Bill.  :)

In reference to your exhaust leak, try making a vid while idling pointing the camera at different spots then go watch it. Helped me pinpoint a noise once.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Went to a local park on this tuesday.  We BBQ a few burgers for lunch.  Wife rode her bicycle around to get her comfortable on a bike again. No incidents happened. It was a relaxing time there.

THis old Ford rolled thru the parking lot, never parked.  It was a long distance for the photo, sorry about the quality.
Tony

idrivejunk

Big square was badly pitted, small square was a rust hole.

Matt

chimp koose

Finished sizing the jack shaft today. Went to a machine shop I once worked for to buy a piece of aluminum to make the bearing retainer /seal end plates. Would not take my money , freebie piece of 4" od x 4" long aluminum . They said that it is good for the students to see the kinds of stuff I am making . Have not worked there in 25 years .

kb426

O&S is very pleased to report that the oil pan on the 48 is dry. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

First couple pics show that I did address the inner rust shown above. Its the 73 Ford job.

Third shows how I blended in the subframe connectors that are made for other years.

Last is patching front of gas tank brace today.

The weather pattern is soggy weekend but rain means peaceful.  :)
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

We been looking for a bicycle for me...   A visit to GoodWill store near us.  Found this mountain bike style unit. 24 speeds. Lots of aluminum. Tires near new. Speedometer on it... $48.00 out the door.

Photo is "as is" we bought it.

Already changed the pedals and seat from another bike I got for nuttin.  Raised and rearward handlebars are on order. That lean forward - down position bars  do not work for me.

Been windy as "*****" here for 3 days.  Rain is falling at the moment. Thunder.

8)
Tony

enjenjo

I went and picked up an 86 Mustang shell today. It was completely free......of rust, and cost me $100. Roof is damaged, repairable, but it's really clean. I'm going to part it out. Big demand here for rust free Mustang parts.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Finally got fresh oil in the 455 and caught up on yard work so this is my reward. There is not one tree on my property. It just robs another precious weekend day of catch-up from me due to circumstances beyond my control, converting sanity-preserving peace time to fruitless unwanted labor. Situation normal. :)
Matt