Petrolheads 1948 Club Coupe

Started by petrolhead, October 09, 2006, 09:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petrolhead

There will be some photo's posted shortly of the build of my 48 Coupe, big thanks to PIG from the ozrodders forums for posting them for me.
Regards
Petrolhead
"Dare to be different,No Cookie Cutter Car for Me"

Pig (OINKS)

Ok folks here are the Build-up Pics from Petrolhead :wink:
I have numbered them in case you wish to add text to them or in case someone asks a question, just send me the captions to which # Picture and I will add it for you... :wink:
Over to you Mate... :lol:

Cheers, Pig (OINKS)

"Don\'t Be Square :roll: - Think Outside the Square" 8)
My \'47 Singer ain\'t no Sewing Machine God Dammit! :twisted:

enjenjo

Looks good, I only see one problem, you have the steering on the wrong side of the car. :lol:  nice job on the firewall.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Pig (OINKS)

Ok being new to Posting here I never expected the following message that would trip me up from adding further info for Petrolhead;

You are not allowed to edit your post. You have to edit your post within 60 minutes, after you posted your message. :twisted:

I assumed this Site was like ither Forums where you could later update info as it came to hand, but we all know what happens when we 'ASSUME'... :oops: So here is the info I was going to add; :lol:

Petrolhead's '48 Coupe Picture info:

1), 2), 3) Are pictures of my 46 Ford Sedan Street Rod that I purchased as is. It's running a 283 Turbo 400 and Dana Diff. It still ran the original front end and the ride was very harsh and the missus wasn't happy.

4), 5), 6), 7), 8 ) I managed to find another chassis and built it up so as not to have the rod off the road for a long time. It has XJ6 Jag front and rear suspension, 302 Cleveland with 351 internals, Twin tunnel ram, Twin gas mixers (that's LPG to us and I think Propane to you guys, you should see our petrol prices), Bug Catcher on top, C4 Auto, Chassis has been fully boxed and new tubular cross members made,

9), 15) I mate went to the States on a buying spree and I got him to bring the sides of a Tudor back (they weren't sold in Oz). The theory was that the sedan was to go on the new chassis and then be converted to a Tudor. When I went to collect the Tudor sides he brought back some Coupes and one was a Club Coupe (never seen one before) basically they are a sedan but in a Coupe body so I just had to have it, so home it came.

16), 22) It's a shame to cut up a perfectly good rust free floor but I have to make a new one to cover the gas tank.

23) Some history there? This was written on right hand side behind the door.

24), 29) These are some close ups of the chassis work.

30), 34) Lifting the old Coupe Body off and pulling the old chassis out from underneath, then sliding the new chassis under and attempting to lower but it hit on the firewall, so some cutting was required. More cutting was required before it was lowered and then it hit on the Transmission tunnel so more cutting. Finally it's sitting on the chassis.

35), 36) more photos of the "Wild One",

37), 40) Pictures of the old chassis, it was in really good nick, better that the one that I used to build up.

41), 42), Pictures of butchered firewall

43), 44) You just got to have a look to see what it will look like

45), 46) Firewall is all gone

47), 50) Making a new recessed firewall, just a little bit different to everyone else

51) Made a new boot floor to cover the gas tank

52) Tacking firewall in place

53), 54) Proto-type Trans tunnel

55), 56) All tacked in

57) Made up brackets for the Wipers, Heater & Aircon, Brake Booster/Master Cylinder/Pedal assembly (pedal pad will be made smaller), Steering column

58 ) Firewall all finished but silly impatient me had too much heat in the centre (welding in the dark) and will have to straighten it out

59) Actually found some rust in the car, LH door

61), 63) Fold down rear seat from a EL Falcon Wagon, bugger took 5 weeks to get right
"Don\'t Be Square :roll: - Think Outside the Square" 8)
My \'47 Singer ain\'t no Sewing Machine God Dammit! :twisted:

FOXBAT008

Excellent Excellent
You remind me of my brother Jacques  when he had his 1958 New Yorker- meticulous details
- see Last Fight of the New Yorker on this site.

Boy! that's going to be some car when your done.
(Grease Lighting)

I like all the progress pictures

Cute little girl in the picture - Daddy's Little Girl?

God Bless

Thanks for Sharing

FOXBAT008
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You got to Stand up for Something Otherwise You'll fall for Anything !

petrolhead

Yes "cute little girl" is definitely Daddy's Girl. She has her own Welding Helmet, Ear Muffs and Safety Goggles, if I could find some leather gloves in her size then she would have those also. This is not my encouragment as mum is not impressed but her own initiative. She is a girly girl when she wants to be but is usually daddy's shadow.
Regards
Petrolhead

FOXBAT008

You've Been bless

Can wait to see the finished product

FOXBAT008

Flipper

Quote from: "Pig (OINKS)"Ok folks here are the Build-up Pics from Petrolhead :wink:
I have numbered them in case you wish to add text to them or in case someone asks a question, just send me the captions to which # Picture and I will add it for you... :wink:
Over to you Mate... :lol:

Cheers, Pig (OINKS)

So, how well does that trailing arm arrangement work?  It looks more logical than the stock jag set-up.

I am about to do the jag swap.  Is this something I should copy?

39deluxe

That's a nice chassis. Keep the progress pictures coming.

Tom

petrolhead

Sorry people as there will be no more progress pic's from me. Regrettably I have it up for sale as I do not intend on finishing it. I now have a different outlook on life and have changed my priorities
Regards
Petrolhead
P.S. Thanks for all of your good comments

petrolhead

Sorry people as there will be no more progress pic's from me. Regrettably I have it up for sale as I do not intend on finishing it. I now have a different outlook on life and have changed my priorities
Regards
Petrolhead
P.S. Thanks for all of your good comments