What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beck

I'm just got back home from the 1st of my family Christmas gatherings. It is going to be a long 2 weeks. I should be several pounds heaver at the end of it.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Beck

Quote from: "idrivejunk"
Current bodywork project, now in primer.

Drop a turbo LS in that Fox and send it my way! I've been watching for one already converted.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Beck"
Quote from: "idrivejunk"
Current bodywork project, now in primer.

Drop a turbo LS in that Fox and send it my way! I've been watching for one already converted.

I bought an 02 Silverado 4x4 last week at a great price just because it had an LS3 in it. When I went to pick it up, it looked good, ran good, new tires, new brakes, just needed a transmission. I hate to say it, but it was too nice to scrap, so it's getting the trans fixed, and I will flip it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

I spent the day tearing apart my 84 f150 . Rust bucket . Took motor and trans , driveshaft rad front seat , exhaust. Tomorrow its back at it for the diff and tires .351 HO/auto should be going in my 65 merc truck in spring .Co worker took the box for a piece of wall art/bench.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "Beck"

That sure is what it needs. Lookin like 351 though, which is also good. Hope you can find one as rust free as this one. Today I used a scotch brite and rust encapsulator on the cowl plenum area, thats all it needed. The windshield bed was perfect.

According to CarCraft, LA is LS Fox HQ. I considered whacking a hole for front bumper exhaust and forcing the turbo issue on this one ha ha. Make mine a Fairmont.
Matt

idrivejunk

Almost forgot-

Took a pic of a cute li'l huffer today. SBC goes in a friend's Vicky. :)

Matt

enjenjo

I  have been thinking that this topic is getting too long. There are over 5000 posts in it. This makes finding any thing over a few months old very difficult. I was thinking of locking this thread, and starting a new one the first of the year, and then doing a new one every year. I have also thought about going back through this one, and extracting the parts that might be of current interest.

I am looking for your feed back.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Good idea. Lot of work. There are items that I remember are in this thread. If we start a new one per year, It's a little more to remember but not so much as to be a reason for not doing it.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Aww, now I wonder if my pics worsen that situation.

I know threads that grow too big can break forums.

What I've seen elsewhere that seems to work is putting a version number behind the title of a new continuation of the old thread. As in "What are you doing today? v2.0" An annual new thread might work just as well.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "idrivejunk"Aww, now I wonder if my pics worsen that situation.

I know threads that grow too big can break forums.

What I've seen elsewhere that seems to work is putting a version number behind the title of a new continuation of the old thread. As in "What are you doing today? v2.0" An annual new thread might work just as well.

I would suggest using:  V.2016 , then V.2017
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

The other day I was searching for something in that thread and it was almost impossible to find it because the search just points to the whole thread.  I did see some really cool stuff in there while I was paging through it tho. A lot of the things people post there could probably make a decent thread on their own if they were posted separate.

I do like the idea of a thread like that though. It gives us a friendly community feel by learning more about each others' daily goings-on and special interests.
George

GPster

I'm still working on the same project. If you start it new every year maybe I could look at it yearly and see that I'm making progress. This site is more to me than just a place to get information, I check it daily (hourly) just to see what my friends are doing. I read everything and try to remember the points that will help me but I have a hard time searching for any particular topic do to my lack of concentration. Everybody here is helpful to me and I defer to your suggestion. GPster

UGLY OLDS

I'm with George .. Is there a way to manipulate the "search" feature to be more specific  :?:  :?:
It does get kinda frustrating to search for something & all you find is the complete thread ... :?

Providing the year in the title for this thread is a good idea ..   :idea:
 ( Kinda like some of the threads on the Garage Journal  :?:  :?: )

Please provide instructions for us "keyboard challenged kids " when the thread is changed  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

416Ford

Would you be able to make it into a forum in itself? We all like to hear what everyone is up to as often as possible.

Yesterday I put the new console in the car to get some better fitment. Starting to work on the upper radio area now and then I will work on the pad and rear cup holder.
It will be part carpet and part painted.

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipPkFJOTBI5uUgMiMoFKJzPgVXzZSkQt3Vw7bR2X/photo/AF1QipNdOPwkF2RgwV9VJMb74yg9vbwoP7uSQ2bCthIP
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"I'm with George .. Is there a way to manipulate the "search" feature to be more specific  :?:  :?:
It does get kinda frustrating to search for something & all you find is the complete thread ... :?

Providing the year in the title for this thread is a good idea ..   :idea:
 ( Kinda like some of the threads on the Garage Journal  :?:  :?: )

Please provide instructions for us "keyboard challenged kids " when the thread is changed  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:

Do you folks understand, read, see  you can change the search parameters for "topics"  or "posts" ?

Bring up individual posts or whole topic thread?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)