My Son's bagged 1929 Fordor

Started by donsrods, January 26, 2006, 12:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donsrods

donsrods

donsrods

donsrods

Finally, Dan and a buddy out for the first "ride." (well, maybe pretty soon)

sirstude

Looks really good, except that motor needs to be in MY Olds

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

donsrods

I want it too.  :lol:  :lol:

He worked on it late last night and got some more done.  The radiator is now mounted, as is the headlight bar.  He is either going to refinish these headlights, or use some '32 style lights.

We are also ready to mount the Wilson Welding front brakes and Buick drums, so he is getting closer all the time.

Here are the latestst pictures.

Don

donsrods

39deluxe

Awesome car.  Has that big Olds  been started yet?

donsrods

Thank you.  No, still have to put a driveshaft in to hold the tranny fluid in, and hook up some minor hoses.  Dan has no idea what he is in for.  These things are just torque monsters.  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

I can't wait to hear it myself.

Don

donsrods

Dan decided to go with Wilson Welding brakes on the front, and I gave him my extra set of Buick finned drums, so this past week we worked on getting them on.  Had a few little clearance issues to solve, and he decided to change out the chromed T bucket style steering arms for more substantial ones from SuperBell.  The new ones are dropped 4 inches and get the tie rod down out of the way of the headlights.

He also picked up a little more track width, but the big advantage is that these are self energizing, self adjusting brakes, and should stop this thing on a dime.  I inherited his 'no longer needed '40 Ford setup, and will use them on some future rod.    

Here are some pictures of the new brakes.

Don

donsrods

39deluxe

Those brakes look great. They give the car a whole new look.

Tom

donsrods

Thanks, yeah, we thought so too.  Wilson Welding is really doing a great job on reproducing hot rod brake stuff.  They also have some '39 Lincoln brakes too, they use either a stock Ford drum, or one they make.  Prices aren't too bad considering what stock stuff is fetching these days.

Thanks again,

Don

donsrods

Since my last update, Dan has done a little more, but work is keeping him from coming to the shop as much as he would like.  

On thing he never liked was the way the original windshield looked.  He had turned a sedan into a roadster pickup, and the original windshield, even though chopped, still looked wrong.  At first he laid it back and that looked better, but finally he just cut the whole thing off and bought some '29 roadster stanctions and chopped them 5 inches.  Then he bought a '32 windshield frame and it fit perfectly, so now the car looks like it should have been a roadster all along.

Here are some updated pictures.

Don

donsrods