'32 Ford door handles

Started by CruZer, January 31, 2007, 03:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CruZer

Does anyone make exterior door handles with locks in them for '32 Ford sedans and 5 window  coupes?
I heard a rumor last year that Vintique was going to be making them,but I cannot find them anywhere.

Any help would be most appreciated.

oldbobsign

I'm putting the handles back on my 5W.  I'm using the 3W locking handles from Drake (40-702350-1-L).  I have to modify them to fit.  I got the escutcheon plates from a buddy (the Sedan, Vicky and 5W interchange) The handle pads are back-ordered from Drake with no due date.

Larry

Nick32vic

I got 33-34 handle with locks in em for my car. I think they are a little different but its nice having locks.

Choptop

Do not spoil what you have, by desiring what you
have not.
Remember, what you have now was once among
the things you only hoped for !

CruZer

I just got a note from Bob Drake saying that they are working on these handles but they are bareky in the design stage,so they won't be availible for awhile.
Thanks for your help. I have a '34 3 window with the correct handles on it and I think that's what we'll use on the two '32's. I'm sure the modifications aren't very difficult.

Charlie Chops 1940

I like the door handles on 32's - so much that I'm adding the non-locking ones to my Brookville roadster body. Locks would be sort of over-kill.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Carps

I just use a spanner to make the nugts tighter than finger tight to lock my doors.   :wink:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.