$3,000,000 Concept Car Sold at Barrett-Jackson!!

Started by 40, January 29, 2005, 08:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Quote from: "40"George...What was the power plant in the Pontiac Concept??
It was a 1954 and it had a straight 8.  They called it the "Bonneville Special".  This one was at St Ignace 4 years ago.  The car was from a collection in Colorado.  It might be the same guy.  I can't quite read the plate on the back.
George

river1

here is a pic of that 3 mill car takin this weekend
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

sirstude

I was watching on Sunday, and the guy that got the high bid on the Olds, was representing the guy that owns the discovery network.  That is the money behind him.  

Anyone catch who the big guy bidding against him was or was representing, he bought a bunch of cars, or so it seemed.

Scotty (the guy that owned the "Whatthehaye" was sure happy, hugging on Boyd.  And Tim's rod shop out of Spokane is probably going to raise his prices, 400K last year and 505K this year with the Airflow.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

jusjunk

Quote from: "40"Anybody else think that fellow bumped his head? :roll:  At least it will be on display for us poor shmucks to see in Colorado!Have to admit...it is a pretty cool ride,much more desirable with that Rocket V-8 than it's cousin the Corvette!As the announcer said,If Oldsmobile had built that car,Perhaps they'd still be around :P

I was talking to my bother today ( ya some of you might find that a little different) 348 tripower and I dunno how close you watched the auction but it seems all the comentators had thier heads in thier azzes.. Brock Yates couldnt say anything good all weekend specially about small block chevys in street rods? Hell the only rod he ever built had to be the ugliest thing ive ever seen :lol: . The first one that got me was that you couldnt possibly have a 56 plate on a 56 vette in california and it had to be a repop plate. Love the internet, they told em  :lol:  Then Alan the Limey said the reason mopar called the wedge the wedge was cause of the wedge shaped intake manifold. Ha Ha :lol: What a dummy... Oh ya that hemi with the dog dish hub caps were just like the cop car hub caps :?: Internet to the rescue again. They said they read all the emails :?: Im thinkin they didnt have time 8)  Brock kept talking about the monochromatic ( that hurt to type it) paint on the hot rods :wink:
It was  more fun to me to listen to the so called car xperts that couldnt get anything right all weekend run thier mouths making everyone think they knew sumpin :?  Its too bad they left most of the good rods out of the show to see what they really were going for. The one offs were mostly in there and the hi dollar boyds stuff,,,, that Jackson fellow worships boyd  :?:
My brother reminded me of the Limey when they brought the rolls with the BIG BLOCK CHEVY up he said he had no comment  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
The sad part of the whole deal.. I was planning on going to the copper world classic sprint cars midgets champ cars on pavement race at phoenix and it was last weekend with the auction and the winged sprint cars on dirt at Manzaniti (spelling) and I missed it all. Maybe next year.....................
Dave

buffalo bob

Ya gots to love those commentators.  The humor they brought was priceless.  Obviously, none was at all familiar with collector cars, primo paint, extreme attention detail, and pure workmanship like one sees at any NSRA, Good Guys or other big buck car show.  BTW I told my wife, after the expert commentators' build up of that F-88, I guessed it would bring about $300k.  Wouldn't you know the one time the idiots were right.

midnight sun

Quote from: "N8DC"
Quote from: "oiler"anyone know what the story is with that guy?
I can't see you ever making back your money running a museum in Co.
I was sure I'd heard one of the commentators say that he drove a Enzo for fun.
Too much money too little brain
Jeff

Thats not the only car he bought! I think has bought 3 maybe 4 so far . Id like to know whats going on with him also? where do you get that kind of money?
Dave

Dave,

The guy that bought the cars owns the Discovery channel.
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "midnight sun"
Dave,

so , I guess he has a little disposable cash on hand?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

midnight sun

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "midnight sun"
Dave,

so , I guess he has a little disposable cash on hand?

Just a little!  The museum /hotel/restaurant/golf course he is building is going to be pretty neat.  Kinda funny though because it is located in the BOONDOCKS!  We live in Grand Junction (47,000 people) and it is about 2-21/2 hours from here.  Beautiful country though.  I think it will end up being kind of a resort type deal for those who want to get away.  Either way, pretty cool.
How can there be "self help" groups :?: