2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Matt, if I was close to you, I'd take that old G.P. out of your yard. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Paid $450 for it, can't give it away. Gee, if only it were an smashed 80s Mustang instead of a 70s Pontiac with original engine maybe things would be different.
Matt

WZ JUNK

I bought a new radiator for the old truck.  I had to buy an aluminum replacement for the copper one that I had used for years.  Their idea of a direct replacement is not the same as my idea of a direct replacement.  It does go into the hole where the old one was, but it requires a lot of modifications to the hold downs, and to the shroud.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

idrivejunk

Lumberjack session complete for today. Sawed stacked and piled. Better hurry if anybody wants the 72, two towering widowmakers hover within glass smashing roof caving reach. Trees are all in city easement but also on city border. That old row marks the boundary and the easement is almost entirely within that fence, on my side. Email both cities? Wait for it? That car ain't supposed to be there according to city ordinance. I need this like a hole in the head. Not much choice but to just forget it, let it all rot and fall just like me. :blank:

I need another sip off that 455 real quik.  :)
Matt

idrivejunk

There was an anomalous log which came out of the deal that an inventive soul might make some sort of yard art from. It is still solid but a little punky. Stands up real sturdy. Birdbath?

Other pic is a hollow log the center dropped out of. Other limbs are more weak and worrying and could likely reach the house some. Heavy stuff. Bah. :arrow:

The wierd log is cool.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Changed the engine oil and filter on the daily driver Honda Civic car. I do this at 5k miles or near.  I also drop the transmission oil at the same time, 2.6 quarts of DW-1 Honda fluid for the 5 speed auto.

Its been 2 yrs since I changed the cabin filter and engine air filter.  About 15k miles.. I may change them again?

My low back did well on the car work, not the large pains I had last week . Crawling under the car a few times.  I have wheel blocks I built to drive the car onto. It raises the car about 5 inches.

I am up to 1.6 miles at a time on the bicycle rides in the morning and evening. This old phart gets a little tired near the end. LOL I changed the handle bar.  Waaaay better. I had to change brake cables from my donor bike to my rider bike for longer cables.  I will change the seat back to the one that came on the bike. I thought the different design seat would fit my *** better. It does not.

Here at the age qualified RV park , I fit in well with old pharts on bicycles. LOL  People wave, thumbs up.

:arrow: ....  8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

got cortizone injections in my fingers today . One finger made a pop like those christmas toy pull apart toys . Doctor said that was whatever was holding the tendon back , letting go . I have to do this each year now or go for the surgery . Trigger finger its called . Fingers look like sausages right now . :o

idrivejunk

Ouch ^^^. My fingers feel like bananas often. When I do bondo my elbows and shoulders make that sound too.

Yesterday I finished construction of the 73 Ford body except tunnel. A thousand plug welds? More? Was about to narrow the back seat when interior plans changed again without notice.

Yesterday I flat spotted two brand new tires on my DD avoiding a wreck. It drives like a shopping cart with chewing gum on the wheels now. bumpbumpbump.

I am tired of living. :)
Matt

sirstude

My wife has had trigger finger surgery on 8 fingers I think, and carpel tunnel surgery on both hands. She is happy with the results.  My daughter has had the carpel tunnel on both hands, no trigger finger.  My mother-in-law had Carpel tunnel on both hands before she passed.  Looks like it is a family issue.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

Yeah , the trigger finger deal is no fun! I had that about 10 yrs ago on my index finger , likely from air tool use for decades?  After treatment , I used my bird finger for the impact gun for a few years.

Then, a couple years later ...  I developed a cyst at the base of the same bird finger.  Turned out the middle knuckle was developing excess fluid that traveled to the finger base and formed a cyst. Drained the cyst, then  more fun injections.  Cyst never returned

:twisted:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

The 73 job is ready for spot epoxy all over. :)
Matt

kb426

I worked on a Honda cbr600rr that sat for too long with fuel in it. It corroded over the fuel pump and fuel gauge connections. I had cleaned them up and reassembled the pump. Back in the tank and no power. I removed the pump and took apart the wire connector. One of the contacts on the wires fell apart. I installed 2 insulated connectors and put the pump back in. Now the bike runs. It was surprising at how much corrosion the ethanol had done to the components. This bike was stored in a garage with pretty consistent temps. It's ready to have body panels installed and find a new owner. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

^^^
 The mustang is starting to look like a car. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: kb426 on May 01, 2024, 09:34:53 PM^^^
 The mustang is starting to look like a car. :)

Whew, thats a relief! I was worried that it might be starting to look like a Bronco.  :lol:
Matt

WZ JUNK

New radiator is in the old truck.  The direct replacement for the old one took 4 days of fabrication to make it fit and work. :)
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH