RIP John Moffet

Started by purplepickup, March 31, 2014, 08:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

John Moffet, a local street rodder passed away on his way back to Michigan after wintering in Florida.  John was a little older than me but we went to high school together and, nicknamed "Pug", he was the Fonze to those of us that looked up to his ability to build hot rods.  He has been the Michigan State Rep for the NSRA for many years and was a co-founder of the Southern Michigan Street Rod Assn in 1967.  He lived rodding and spent much of his life sharing and encouraging that lifestyle with others.  He will be missed by many of us.

John's obituary.
George

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "purplepickup"John Moffet, a local street rodder passed away on his way back to Michigan after wintering in Florida.  John was a little older than me but we went to high school together and, nicknamed "Pug", he was the Fonze to those of us that looked up to his ability to build hot rods.  He has been the Michigan State Rep for the NSRA for many years and was a co-founder of the Southern Michigan Street Rod Assn in 1967.  He lived rodding and spent much of his life sharing and encouraging that lifestyle with others.  He will be missed by many of us.

John's obituary.

Sorry for your loss George.

This has been a tough week for me also.  In the course of 8 days I have lost 3 of my local friends.  All of them were car guys although that had various interest.  Tough times for sure.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Charlie Chops 1940

Sorry to hear that George. I knew John for 40 years or so. He was one of the good ones.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Crosley.In.AZ

Sorry to read about your friend.  Sounds like he was a busy guy
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

rumrumm

My condolences, George. I also lost a friend a week ago. It seems the older we get, the more often it happens. :(
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

416Ford

Sorry to hear this George.
I recognize his name but I do not know if I had ever meet him. My condolences to all those who knew him.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

UGLY OLDS

My condolences, George.
I recognize his name & remember meeting him at  the Zoo...

Bob .......
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

n.c.rodder

John was the one that got me started on the NSRA Field Force 14 years ago, so I personally owe an awfully lot to him. He has done a lot for this organization & street rodders in general over the years...................so to say he will be missed..............that's an understatement!

Mike
Till we meet - On the street