and thats why i am a member of team smart

Started by chimp koose, July 18, 2018, 06:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Today I took my brake drums to NAPA to get the right ones ordered . I used the part #s from rock auto as suggested by Bob . We found the right ones and ordered them , then went on to get a credit for the ones I have (they have been in the boxes for about 4 years ) when we opened the boxes to verify the parts lo and behold they WERE the right ones I needed ! all this time I had thought they were 4 bolt mustang iII drums when they were the 5 bolt ones I needed. In my defence they came with a mustang II rear end complete with 4 bolt axles . The best thing to come of it was that the counter man is also a shop teacher that works in a town a few miles from me and I have 2 of his students in my night class . Through talking shop I realised that he is at a pay level one step below me and as of a few years ago he should have been bumped to my pay grade . Told him how to get that fixed , he should see about $4000/yr increase in wage with a possible same or more in back pay as well . I guess I really didn't waste his time but what a doofus move on my end with the parts ! As an update on my T progress , I put air in the tires yesterday ! Have not worked on it in 3 weeks .

kb426

C.K., I don't know who has the authority to make you a full fledged member. I suppose Bob might be in control because he was the original. I think that just means you have some age and diminished memory so I think you may have to do something more interesting than that. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

But but... what about us little leaguers, isn't there a badge or something? :cry:

I spent several minutes looking for my fresh Sharpie (behind the innocent facade of "picking up my tools") and finally used a scratchy one on fumes. Then I stuck it in my pocket.  :idea:  Aha. Hey theres the yellow pencil too, wasn't I going to write on something with that? :?  Der. :lol:
Matt

chimp koose

I believe I became a full fledged member with my own official decoder ring when I dropped my sbc on the floor breaking the end off the crank .

UGLY OLDS

HA.... :!:   Beginners   :!:  :!:  :!:   One & all... :roll:  :P  :P  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****