What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

32 Chevy

We saw in the new year by going for a cruise to Port Gamble, about an hour from home. Port Gamble is a real old town in our far northwest corner of the USA. It was founded in 1853 and was the home of a large logging / lumber mill for the next 149 years. Now it's just a quiet town at the end of the road.

This was our first road trip in the Ranchwagon since driving 6400 miles from the Seattle area to Chicago, then down Route 66 to Albuquerque and home...6400 miles. The car then Was on exhibit for most of 2015 in the Lemay car museums' Wagons on Route 66 exhibit.

kb426

First repair of 2016. My former crewman on my dragster brought this by. I believe we are doing grandchild work. :)
TEAM SMART

Rochie

I just bought a 64 Chevelle SS numbers car. its a 283 4 barrel, dual exhaust, slip'n slide, buckets and counsel. No interior in it now but a brand new  Dark Aqua ewwweh! interior in the trunk.  It'll take some time but I got lots of that.

Pics are too big I'll try to resize some and post

chimp koose

KB that scooter needs FLAKE ! Period correct I might add .Oh ya and a springer front end .

kb426

C.K., I'll mention that to the owner! :)
TEAM SMART

phat46

Drove 800 miles today, from Raleigh N.C. Back home to Michigan. We saw a State trooper coming down an entrance ramp in West Virginia  so everyone dropped back to the speed limit, the whole pack had been running five over. The Trooper passed us and was going about five over so I just paced him about a quarter mile back. Some guy passed by and ran right up behind the Trooper in the fast lane, trooper in right lane. He sat there for about five miles, then passed the trooper.....when he pulled back in front of him, the trooper just flipped on the top lights and pulled him over. I looked over at my wife and said "Did we really just see an idiot pass a cop that was already going five over?" 😅

GPster

Well I have been working on it (since Thanksgiving) and not telling (bragging)  about it but I have been trying to devise a radiator support for the Jeepster. Coming up with something to unite a '48 Willys front sheet metal on an 87 GMC S15 frame to hold a mid '80s Dodge mini van's radiator and fan continues to be the challenge. I have made a structure of rectangular tubing (old grocery store shelve) welded (brazed) together to fit between those items. Yesterday I got all the pieces gathered together for a look. Because of the closeness of everything I chose to mount the radiator so the airflow will go through it in the opposite direction of it's design. This will put the radiator hose connection on the front surface of the radiator. Because of the "V" shape of the Jeepster's grill there will be plenty of room to devise a coolant flow arrangement to make the transitions from one hose size to another (from 1 1/2" to 1 1/4" probably to be done with sink drain plumbing). Of course this reverse mounting of the radiator also puts it's fan on the wrong side but it's motor's wires can be reversed to change it's rotation and I think (hope) that the blade can be put on backwards to coinside with the new airflow. Just spending time here typing rather than getting dirty because I have a 1:00 meeting at my diabetis (to be reminded how to speel it) training course to explain my 152 blood sugar result  (92 this morning).Just a little something for anyone to read because posting has been off the last couple of days. GPster

phat46

Off to the hospital in a half hour for double inguinal hernia repair. Getting anxious, never had surgery before. Hopefully back home this evening, but they have been making noises about keeping me for the night. Robotically assisted laparoscopic procedure, should be interesting, they said it would take two hours.

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat46"Off to the hospital in a half hour for double inguinal hernia repair. Getting anxious, never had surgery before. Hopefully back home this evening, but they have been making noises about keeping me for the night. Robotically assisted laparoscopic procedure, should be interesting, they said it would take two hours.

Good luick Joe
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

rumrumm

Changing from carburetor to EFI--new fuel tank, lines, etc. Strained my lower back last Wednesday so I cannot do any more work on it until I feel better, maybe another week. Muscle relaxants and Ibuprofen are my best friends right now. Getting older can be a * sometimes!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

river1

Quote from: "rumrumm"Getting older can be a * sometimes!

better than the alternative :roll:

take care

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Rochie

Quote from: "rumrumm"Changing from carburetor to EFI--new fuel tank, lines, etc. Strained my lower back last Wednesday so I cannot do any more work on it until I feel better, maybe another week. Muscle relaxants and Ibuprofen are my best friends right now. Getting older can be a * sometimes!

Rumrum, I just finished the install of the Fitech Injection.  I think you'll be a happy man. It works great on my 57

enjenjo

I finished up another T5 build today. I still have to assemble with the adapters to make sure it all fits together. Then I can ship it out.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

416Ford

Quote from: "rumrumm"Strained my lower back last Wednesday so I cannot do any more work on it until I feel better, maybe another week. Muscle relaxants and Ibuprofen are my best friends right now. Getting older can be a * sometimes!

Right there with you rumrmm. Mine has been on the mend since Saturday. I have been working on my console so the bad back has me sitting at the bench building the shifter till my back is better.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

UGLY OLDS

Gee.... All you "older" feller's with back problems..:shock:  

My back is fine ..( I learned what NOT to attempt long ago.. 8) )

My legs & feet , ( AND now my fingers  :( ) not so much so....

I have been told watching me walking on ice with a cane is like a cartoon , except MY legs go faster ... :?  :?

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****