'32 Ford gravel pan

Started by Topsterguy, April 15, 2005, 12:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

Hey All!  Anyone else had problems with the fit on their aftermarket gravel pan!? :?  I used a chopped brookville one on the coupe, and I think I did on the roadster too, and it's an inch too wide and an inch too long! Anyone know of one that fits right off the bat!!?? (Yes, the front end pieces are in the right place! :roll: )
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

DRD57

Quote from: "Topsterguy"Hey All!  Anyone else had problems with the fit on their aftermarket gravel pan!? :?  I used a chopped brookville one on the coupe, and I think I did on the roadster too, and it's an inch too wide and an inch too long! Anyone know of one that fits right off the bat!!?? (Yes, the front end pieces are in the right place! :roll: )

I've got the chooped Brookville piece on my roadster and it fits fine. Is the front of your frame pinched or bobbed?

Bib_Overalls

SoCal and some other frame fabricators position the front crossmember 1" forward of stock. Gives an extra inch in the engine bay.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Topsterguy

Well, the chassis is based on stock dimensions overall, and the front isn't pinched. A guy here who's built several 32's says he's had the same problem from time to time, but not all the time! :?
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"