Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by jusjunk, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

I miss programming, now all they let me do is network stuff, (canned programs now).  I did that for the better part of 20 years and would still be doing that if I didn't want to stay here.

doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

alchevy

Went over to Jackson, MS in the '40 Saturday morning to a statewide planning meeting of area clubs and such. Had about 80 folks there. Each club has a chance to plug their show, then we break for lunch (at the restaurant we were at) and come back for some awards and such. Each year, we give out a Street Rodder of the Year award for Mississippi. This year the award went to Lonnie Cox, then a few years ago we started a MS Street Rod Hall Of Fame and Lonnie got inducted into it also. Another Hall of Fame award went to George Poteet. Then our very own NSRA State rep Thomas "Chicken Willie" Smith got inducted. All in all a pretty nice day. Oh yeah, several of us asked George Poteet if we could come for a tour of his toys someday and he said YES! So we are planning that.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

enjenjo

Well, I worked on my buick yesterday, I made a fuel pump block off plate, I couldn't find one I liked, so I made my own.

Got some radiator brackets back from the powder coater.

Finished up the left exhaust pipe on the 38 Plymouth

And I made a hammer form to build a gas tank end.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I;m still looking at ice and snow. I'm hoping that I may get to see my street this afternoon. I'm stuck in neutral trying to decide what my nexr project will be.
TEAM SMART

jusjunk

No snow here yet.. weve been lucky this year.. I got one exhaust pipe ready to go to the welder and after i get the other stainless bends this week ill finish the other side. I dont like it but your gonna see some of the pipe and i had to do that to clear the M/C .. I spent all day yesterday trying to figure out a new way then i got into the gin :lol:  :lol:  Ended my day.. Today I made some brackets out of 1x1/8 aluminum for my electric fan. Im looking at options for the hood. Looks like just a top but ive got to find a way to make some nice hidden brackets for it. Im taking a break right now .. I kinda over did it last night :wink:
Dave :!:  :arrow:

tom36

Yesterday it 70 degrees here in southern Maine!  I went and looked at a 31 Model A that I heard about.  Supposedlly 3 owner, never rusted or had any patch panels.  Yup, now I have another project in waiting :lol:
Tom...

KustomLincolnLady

we went for a ride in the Lincoln yesterday!!!!  It's not been a bad winter yet for us anyway  :P
we actually went over to make a few decisions on the front end for the Model A  :D  yippee!!!!  Maybe one of these yrs it will be running.

looks like everyone got a lot done or had fun anyway.
well except for Fat cat. hope your feeling better soon!

jusjunk

Sure open my big mouth :!:  snowing outside but were not supposed to get much and i see its gonna be in the 40's next week so  ok.. I also called a place that rents trailers to try and work a deal to get the coupe to autorama :?:  :?:  Number not in service :cry:  Oh well ... Ill work on that later and besides the guy that invited me hasnt called yet anyway. The only reason id go would to be in the 32 1932 fords display. If that doesnt happen then ill go to look and party :!:  Sue is at her mothers and is helping her pack
:?:  I may need to get the roadster done and sold sooner than i thought. I told her to check on the harley and the coupe while she was there :lol:  Still playing with hood stuff. Found the first side panels from the coupe up top in the garage...............
Dave :wink:  :wink:

Nick32vic

Frank, how did you make that block off plate? What material did you use?

enjenjo

Quote from: "Nick32vic"Frank, how did you make that block off plate? What material did you use?

I started with a chunk of aluminum 5/8" thick. I think it was 5052. Dare I say it, billet. First, i drilled the mounting holes, then I laid out the fins. I then set it up in the mill, and ball milled the area between the fins. I used a 3/8" ball mill, and milled a slot .500 wide to flatten it on the bottom. I then cut a flat around each bolt hole. I then cut it to shape with a band saw, and belt sanded all the edges. At that point, I used a Scotchbrite disc to blend away all the sharp edges. After I did that, I sand blasted the surface with coarse sand to give it a cast effect. Then I sanded the edge, and the top of the fins with 240 grit paper, and buffed them bright.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

Tweaked the Road Demon a little, messed with the timing, tightened a few bolts, then went for a little cruise.  8)

came home, indulged in a little Bacardi 151 and Dr. Pepper :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

dragrcr50

well its over and i got the firewall mounting built and mounted and a new trans hump built and welded in the vicky, start with the bondo tomorrow morning still gonna paint come friday ahha....
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

sirstude

Did body work all weekend

Lots of little edges in this firewall

Nice long quarter panel, and the mud is not as deep as it looks, just a skim coat over everything.

Here are the rear hight sensors for the Level-Pro system that I installed last weekend

A shot of the linkage for the above. Runs between the trailing arms and the frame, tucked out of the way.

Shot from behind the rear end.

Front sensors for air ride

There are more pictures out on my web page on picture trail
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

sirstude

Here is what I have been doing all summer on the Olds.  The wheelbase ended 2.5 inches short, but when I assembled everything, it looked the best when I lengenthed it 1.5 inches.

I built flat supports between the sides of the hoist out of 2x4s covered in plywood and then built 1x4 jigs to support everything.  Then centerlined and front to rear lines also so I always knew where everything was.  Thanks Sum for the wood jig ideas.

Here are the jigs, first one on the front frame rails the back one is bolted to the motor mounts

Rear jig, the blue piece is an air regulator that I use to temporarly run the air bags.

Where I cut it in half between the firewall and the front wheels.  The structure is the frame and then 1/4 inch round stock at the 4 edges of the frame.  Then 15ga. welded to the round stock.  I did not have to make the frame itself look pretty.  I think Glen said he used 3/16 to just box his frame together.

Here it is on the way back together.  I used 3/16 plate inside the original frame rails.

Here is the frame itself welded up.  I redid that one horrible looking weld, just got in a hurry.  After this point, I just welded in more rod and then more 16ga.  

[/img]http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL856/883019/14650709/220249905.jpg

I know I posted this picture on the last one, but this is where the cut was made between the firewall and tire, in the kind of flat area.  Amazing what a bit of bondo and paint can do.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

purplepickup

Man, some of you guys have been busy. :shock:

The weather has been nice here and the power company cut some trees down the road.  
I cut them into 6' logs and hauled 'em home yesterday.

I put the windows in my trailer for the final time too last night.

Today I nursed my sore muscles.
George