Dazzlers

Started by idrivejunk, November 24, 2018, 07:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Which look appeals to you more? Not a terribly serious question but my vestigal inner hobbyist is drawn to the Hurst wheels. Spoke faces are black, almost shiny. Just the lowering would be a looks update but with these in 17" and raked stance does it look too millenial-esque?

:?:  Thumb up or down? Reasons welcomed.:)

Matt

chimp koose

top picture seems best to me.

Bruce Dorsi

Your car - Your choice!

But since you asked, IMHO the top picture makes the car look sinister.  ...The lower pic makes the car look more sleek & modern.

I vote for the top pic.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

WZ JUNK

Wheels are a thing of personal preference.  All I can say, if it was mine, I go for the wheels in the top photo.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

I'm with the others on this one. Top pic looks best to ME. My 63 Galaxie sits/sat too low for me, but my 40 year old stepson said it looks great to him. I installed new rear leafs yesterday, and it brought it back to original ride height, which was what I'm after. The car really has a rake now, and I'm hoping that after I install new coils in the front, it doesn't get rid of the rake and sit too high. I had it sitting in the driveway, and the front is really low. My wife commented that it looked very aerodynamic.

It's all about what you like.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

moose

May choice is slightly different...

I would choose the top wheels with the bottom stance

UGLY OLDS

I'm with Moose ..^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^   8)  8)

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Thanks, all you guys. That spells it out pretty clearly! :D Its very rarely that a wheel catches my eye. I chose Radirs because the spokes resemble my hood, and they still do.

Tire availability (too few 15" choices) is mainly to blame for my wanderlust. Just lowering the front a small amount might make it feel updated. I get restless after five years of same car, but have had the 69 almost four times that long. Its good to know the wheel choice is still hard to beat. 8)

Thanks again for your input!
Matt

50 F1

jaybee

I like the Radir look with the 17" wheels and lowered stance.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

top photo , lower the car slightly if possible.

I am olde:  so, the sidewall of the tire profile needs to be larger than the O ring tires on some cars now-a-daze.

if you go larger wheels.  17 or 18 diameter max for me.... good luck.

I could Rambler on a bit... but will stop.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Don't stop on my account, hell I never do. Um-

I've always known the 69 would look great dropped about a coil, or a couple inches, out front. Ever since I let the jack down on Moogs. Still do. Just amazed thats still all it would need to constitute an update. A catalog rodder or better pay IDJ might opt for new drop spindles. And brake upgrade. But being a not rodder, the past few years I have just eyeballed alignment in my driveway because broke is my life now. If I ever snatch that 3 cubic foot woofer box out the trunk, I might like it better. Sometimes it looks a little Buford Pusser car-ish. (Walking Tall, like the cop cars in that movie)

This is what the Dazzlers look like (in 15x8"), my pic hack don't do them justice. The original 14" kind had a dorky look but they were made for strength with steel rims.

Not bothering to do a just lowered pic edit. Heck I could have one side done with that time. But its cold and I'm just dabbling in fantasy anyhow. So I did check to see if they would beat out arrowheaded Bullitts on the blown Pontiac.. but nope. I have good wheels now on both but 15" tires just ain't what they used to be, y'know. ;)

Hard to beat-

Matt

jaybee

Those are a good looking wheel, thanks for giving us a better picture. I agree with Tony, 17" wheels are plenty. It's when you start getting up into 20s the tires take on that rubber band look. The aspect ratio gets really, really low to end up with a total height that still fits in the wheel well.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

A bit of Rambling:  an example

Cragar SS wheels..  I grew up on them.  Had a set on a couple cars.  Love em.  I know a fellow with a set of 20 inch Cragar SS style  wheels on a mid 1970's Ford truck.  At that size, they look like clown wheels to me....Guess it is just my age...  

We all know wheels are a personal thing with car people.  Input opinions are helpful.  The software to mod a vehicle photo with different wheels sure helps too.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)