What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Ohio Blue Tip

Starting a new year.  
Hope to get my 52 chevy truck on the road, don't work as fast as I once did.
Everyone have a great new year.
Garage refrigerator died yesterday  and it's only 45 years old.  Guess I'll be looking for a used one, looked at new ones and it scared me!
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

348tripower

I'm starting the new year off with a lousy cold. The ice maker quit in our refrigerator yesterday. This will be number four that I have put in. Got with the glass guy yesterday for the wagon.  Ordered all the window setting rubber, rear fender welt, cowl seal,  trunk seal and door seals. $175.00 just for the vent windows. Looks like another $500.00 for all that and $1200.00 for the glass and installation. Interior is next. $3800.00 to $4000.00. I figured this would me my last build for me. If I don't run out of money.
:shock:
Don Colliau

UGLY OLDS

Still causing chaos with the Grandkids.. Kids are about ready to send us home.... :roll:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat46

Quote from: "348tripower"I'm starting the new year off with a lousy cold. The ice maker quit in our refrigerator yesterday. This will be number four that I have put in. Got with the glass guy yesterday for the wagon.  Ordered all the window setting rubber, rear fender welt, cowl seal,  trunk seal and door seals. $175.00 just for the vent windows. Looks like another $500.00 for all that and $1200.00 for the glass and installation. Interior is next. $3800.00 to $4000.00. I figured this would me my last build for me. If I don't run out of money.

Does your icemaker have a reset button? Our Samsung stops making ice about every two months, I hit the reset, usually have to do it twice, wait overnight and it works again.

sirstude

Back on the backwards train with the Olds.  After buying 2 steering boxes, the second one seemed correct (Metric GM).  Got the new box in and rebuilt the steering shaft with a middle double joint and a Heim mount in it.  The pitman arm and the ujoint were correct.  The metric boxes are supposed to be O-ring hose fittings and I had the correct AN adapters from the old box.  Went to put them in and the box has inverted flair fittings.  Ordered a set of them from Speedway last night, and hope all will work when they arrive.  Sure getting tired of redoing the steering on this mess.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

This morning I worked on my Jaguar. I had replaced the pickups a few weeks ago and removed the Mustang bridge and put a roller bridge on it. ( guitar) :) I had to mill the bottom of the bridge off yesterday to set the height of the action. Today I set the intonation and gave it a quick once over. Modifying guitars is musical hot rodding. :) C.K. before you get started, this is candy apple red. :)
TEAM SMART

wayne petty

played around over at a friends garage..

http://i.imgur.com/UqYVWzv.jpg

hinge pivot bolt fell out of the black one..  retaining ring broke loose on the green one.  high beam fell out and was run over on the freeway..  good thing the local welding shop still has the big spot welder so i could put the tabs back on the retaining ring.  i still need a crank pulley for the green car.. its totally the wrong one..  way too big pilot hole for the harmonic damper.. so it wobbles as it goes around.. i have not found the proper one yet..

the headlight hinge pivot bolt fell out of the black one.. so the headlight assembly would not pop up...  i manged to find a drill guide at luky hardware that was almost exactly the proper length and id.. i ground the OD to size and got it all to work again after a few hours of touching up the hidden paint that had layer after layer of compound residue.

Rrumbler

Sitting here waiting for a handyman type feller to show up.  Since it is dangerous for me to get on a ladder any more, anything I have to do that is more than about six feet high has to be hired out, or we have to wait until one of the kids comes around and get them to help if we can.  Got a couple of strip lights in the kitchen ceiling to replace with LEDs, and a bunch of light bulbs in ceiling fixtures need replaced, and furnace filters - in the return in the hall ceiling.    :?  :?  :?
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Crosley.In.AZ

I decided to drive over to Harbor Freight, check on a few items.  I knew the place would be crowded with the 20 - 25% coupons in place.  Everything is on sale every day at HF or wait 2 days and it is

wow.  The place was jammed up. Lines were deep to the cashiers. Traffic sucked on the ride over.

So, I checked out some items.  Couple items  were sold out.  I came home.  Ordered what I wanted online.  Lot less crowd at home.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I added more caster to the front end of the 51. It's not as stable at high speeds as I expected. It's better now. I'm not sure that is where I'll stop. I made an extension for the passenger side mirror head. It was useless as mounted. I'm gaining on that. When I get where it is really good, I'll machine an adapter from alum or stainless. I looked at many 50 F1's to see what everyone else was using. Then I took pics to see how they were mounted. The passenger was the only person that could use the right mirror. I know there's lots of factors involved but this wasn't working as it should be. I'm confident it will be soon resolved. :) I exercised all the bikes, also. It was upper 50's today. Tomorrow we move back to the freezer. :( Tomorrow it's back to work. There will be lots of catch up for a while.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

I am plugging in my vehicles tonight . It is supposed to reach -42C  here tonight . For those of you using fahrenheight its about the same , -44 .

348tripower

Quote from: phat46
Quote from: "348tripower"I'm starting the new year off with a lousy cold. The ice maker quit in our refrigerator yesterday. This will be number four that I have put in. Got with the glass guy yesterday for the wagon.  Ordered all the window setting rubber, rear fender welt, cowl seal,  trunk seal and door seals. $175.00 just for the vent windows. Looks like another $500.00 for all that and $1200.00 for the glass and installation. Interior is next. $3800.00 to $4000.00. I figured this would me my last build for me. If I don't run out of money.

Does your icemaker have a reset button? Our Samsung stops making ice about every two months, I hit the reset, usually have to do it twice, wait overnight and it works again.

Looks to be the flap door on the side that shuts it off when the freezer door is open. It is broken. New one on the way :D
Don Colliau

enjenjo

Buried my aunt today. She was my fathers older sister. 96 years old. She has had dementia the last 4 years, and has been in a nursing home. They called about 830am friday, and before any one could respond, she was gone. She was the last of my dad's brothers and sisters. My grandson bought her house two years ago. I am sure she is happier now, she looked at peace.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Frank, I wish to offer my sympathies for your families loss. We all understand this situation.
TEAM SMART