How much to charge for delivery

Started by 58 Yeoman, July 22, 2015, 07:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

I've got a rotisserie on ebay, and said that I would deliver it locally.  Someone has asked me how much I would charge to deliver it about 100 miles one way.  I would have to take the landscape trailer behind the Ranger, which gets around 18 mpg.  Does $75 sound reasonable?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

Well, you are talking 3 hours minimum, and 10 gallons of gas. It sounds reasonable to me.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

Thanks Frank...that's what I was thinking too.

Phil

ragdol

That actually sounds cheap. I wouldn't think $.50 is too much to charge. That's charging for both ways.

Beck

That rate sound cheap to me also. I would have quoted $100.
I guess what really matters is how bad you want it gone, and what it sold for.

58 Yeoman

The auction still has two days to go. I don't mind road trips, and this thing is taking up space in the shop.  I bought it for doing the Pontiac, but am now thinking I may not be able to finish the Poncho.  If I do, it won't be to the extent that I was going to do before.

Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Sounds fair. People tend to not understand that the trip is 2 ways for you.

I had an A** clown want me to deliver a Crosley car to him, in down town Phx, during rush hour, mid week, for 50 dollars. He acted stunned when I told him :  "no"  ..  I had to take off work, load car onto trailer, deal with traffic, 34 miles one direction. LOL
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

He ended up buying the rotisserie and gave me $80, which was fine with me.  I stopped at a couple sales along the way but didn't find anything. I did see one of the windmills in a windfarm missing one blade.  I took pix, but my laptop won't recognize my floppy disk  :shock:   I carry an old camera with me.  I'll get it on the other laptop and post it.

I stopped in Streator on the way back to get gas, as it's 22 cents cheaper per gallon there.  I stopped at a Marathon station, and it had double pumps.  The right one was racing fuel with (GASP) tetraethyl lead in it. The nozzle wouldn't fit into the hole on my tank, so I had to go with the cheaper unleaded.  BTW, the racing fuel was $6.99/9 per gallon.  They must have some really hot cars over in that area...

Phil