"HotRodPaint" signing on!

Started by HotRodPaint, August 12, 2008, 10:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodPaint

Hi, everyone.  I have heard this site recommended a number of times, and was told it is a friendly place, so here I am.

I grew up in Illinois, became a car nut at the age of 10....and when I attended the US Nats at age 13 in '62, I knew I was gonna be a car guy for life!

I've built a bunch of my own cars...mostly Chevys and early Vettes....and intended to be a pro drag racer.  However, my interest in art took over when some of my friends hired me to paint their stuff, and I have now been custom painting since '72.  I went full time in '86, and have never regretted it.

I've painted almost everything in the hot rod, chopper, and custom hobby....and still can't get enough!  There is not much involved in building that I haven't tried, including major fiberglass and molds, building engines, trans, third members, wiring, and all other assemblies.  I also build models, design paint for out-of staters, and attend a large number of local shows and drag races.

I like most of the building styles, and have an appreciation for things that are unusual.  Maybe that comes from so many years of involvement?

Glad to meet you all, and see what you are working on.  I'll try to offer some local event coverage, and help with advise when I can.  Jay

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Welcome to the RRT, sounds like you will fit in here.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

welcome, you have found the right place!

rumrumm

Welcome. Post a few photos of your cars, past and present.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

kb426

Who's spreading the rumor that we're "friendly"?
Welcome. Please come over and paint my truck.
TEAM SMART

HotRodPaint

Sorry...I don't even paint free for my relatives!....but I'm fairly priced.  :-)

I will try to scan in some pictures of my toys this evening.  Now if I can remember where those old pictures are....  I know I have some somewhere.

HotRodPaint

I'll post the car pics on the forum you have provided for them.

Rayvyn

***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

UGLY OLDS

Welcome to da board...  :)   Us "friendly" :?:    Hmmmmmmm :?  :?  You will like it here.. 8)    
Oh...pay no attention to the man behind the curtain... :shock:

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

HotRodPaint

As long as he is not a flasher!

Fuzzy

Welcome aboard,Jay! );b( Grew up in Illinois myself.Cicero,to be exact.

Fuzzy
No billet for this kid!

rumrumm

Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Ohio Blue Tip

Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken