2023: What are you doing today?

Started by 58 Yeoman, January 01, 2023, 10:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Quote from: chimp koose on April 23, 2023, 10:26:57 PMMatt , all we can hope is that worse happens to them .

Go ahead and hope that.

Thats as far down as I can whittle it.  :blank:
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Sunday ride on the ol Red Phat Gurl to the cemetery.  Visited moms grave and others.. Mom has been gone 48 years now.

The Goldwing is 10 years old now. 81k miles.. Still an amazing machine. It will cruise at 35 or 105 mph.  Need to install new front tyre and battery in the TPMS sender on the wheel. The Bridgestone  rear car tyre is running good.. About 27k miles on it
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Sprayed epoxy on recent cab work and sat aside. :arrow:

Walked right straight into hazard duty then, shoveling heaps of Ford loving rat manure. Humble beginnings on a pro tour build. :) Hope I don't get sick.

I gather its OK to be angry over the hit and run. Thats great. Now where does the serenity to fix it come from? Big wrench slips, I go ballistic in front of house and become a public enemy... greeeeat.  :-\
Matt

enjenjo

I guess I'm too old. I want to get a pair of seats upholstered and everyone I have used in the past is out of the business. So I called a couple if my nearby buddies and they have the same problem. Life sucks sometimes.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Matt, after cleaning out the white 78 a few years ago, I'm trying to avoid rats and mice as much as possible. I have never seen a wheel bent around like your car. I would have expected the quarter panel to be flat in that area for that to happen. I've had minor hit and runs before. I would think that most of us have with age. It doesn't change the fact that it caused a train wreck for you. For that I'm sympathetic.
Frank, I hear more about upholstery now than paint. :) Part of what I hear is the prices are 3 times what they were about 5 years ago. A guy in Wichita did the interior in a car that won some awards. He went from 10 grand to 40 grand on a full size car. :) One of my friends got a quote for a 32 roadster of 15 grand. I'm not very good but my sewing machine will continue to be used. :)
I ordered a bunch of parts today. I don't know if they will get used or not but while I'm watching, availability and price increases are so much of a factor that generic parts make sense to have. If I do nothing, they should be easier to sell still in their boxes. LOL.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

I could show you guys pics of a fresh 25K interior.  ??? And point out a wiggly spot.

Happy report, end of day. :)

Toe adjustment is still way way in on the GT but I just drove it. At lunch I remembered rest of the week calls for rain and realized it was perfect for u-pull-it-ing at the moment. And the each daily cascade of dread / rage / sadness was only going to ferment into fine hostility so I knocked that problem in the head by taking the afternoon off and applying self help action.

One control arm bolt requires tank drop so while I did mad yank it off the boneyard car I only just straightened my existing as best I could with jacks and things. That'd be why the toe setting is out but theres a tie rod type link and I just didn't bring any 26mms home.

But done by sunset, replaced trailing arm and kinda debend long tube one going to middle. No rubs no shakes but would eat the tire now. Got it up to 50. Handling is very out of whack but me... I'll sleep, not fester and pout so much, and can focus all hate on a stranger I'll never meet. I'm out about a hundred bucks but think I've popped the mind zit. Again. Until next time.

Both my GT and the 69 Mustang made me want to puke but I worked like I was a third my age on a bad Monday and well, fortunately exhaustion can trump frustration. I am quite ready to stop being attacked and don't have it in me to attack back.

Fizzling out best I can. :arrow:
Matt

enjenjo

If it's any consolation Matt I had a 2000 Bonneville that had three front bumpers replaced, the left rear quarter straightened twice, and the right one once. All of them happened in a parking lot with "no one" around.

58 Yeoman

Back around 1990, I dragged what was left of the cheap vinyl/rubber interior parts from my 58 Yeoman to an upholsterer that was old at the time.  He had had many of his interiors in cars that were on the covers of car mags, as he had them on the walls of his shop.  He was able to do the seats, all the side panels, covers for the rear wheel wells inside, kick panels, carpeting and headliner for $1500.  He even made carpeting to replace the rubber mats in the back of the wagon, plus behind the rear seat when you folded it down.  I would hate to see what that would cost today.  I'm glad the corvair has good seats and side panels, though they are available cheaper than an upholstery shop.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

I've mentioned that there is an "aura " around me that attracts people and weird shat to me.  :lol:  :lol: 

Such as parking lots.. I park out - away from other vehicles and when we return to our car, there is 1 to 3 vehicles next to our car.

Same thing happens inside stores too.  We were at Sam Waltons place a few daze ago.  I follow my wife with the cart as a good husband does.  :(  We were in a fridgerated  aisle , My wife looking at eggs. NO body else was within 30 feet of us (it was very early morning).  A gal walks up to me and says: " I need to get something there" pointing at items I am in front of.

I apologize to her, back up with the cart. She looks, picks up a few items , put them back ... looks more. At that point (hopefully inside my head) I was saying: " you better take something"  and she did.  :wink:

This can happen at anywhere to me..  Large box stores, Wally World, etc.  NO body around but me and someone will walk up and need an item that I am in front of.  They grab it , walk off , gone , poof.
Tony

Bruce Dorsi

You must have a magnetic personality, Tony !!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: Bruce Dorsi on April 26, 2023, 09:46:01 AMYou must have a magnetic personality, Tony !!

LOL .....  About a month ago at Home Depot. Early tuesday morning.  We are in the carpet section looking at outdoor carpet on rolls.

As I stand back from the carpet rolls on the rack looking at carpet colors ... No body around.  A guy walks around the corner. Says "excuse me"... As he reaches past me as I move out of his way.. He  grabs a rolled up carpet mat that sits outside at an entry door. Poof.....  he is gone. My wife and I look at each other and laugh.

:o  :o
Tony

58 Yeoman

Tony, at least you just attract people.  I seem to attract trains.  There's two ways to leave Costco, and if I go in one direction, inevitably, a train will cross the road heading north.  Of course, after that train has passed, I go to the next traffic light and make a right.  The train also makes a right and crosses that road at the next light.  I usually go the other way and avoid both crossings.

We went to visit my brother the other day at the nursing home, 40 miles out in nowhere.  You guessed it, a lone train out in nowhere comes and makes me stop.  Same way when we leave the house and go south on the state highway, a couple miles away are the E-W BNSF tracks.  Sometimes, we get two trains, one in each direction.

Phil

enjenjo

I live about a mile south of the same tracks. They recently put in an overpass on the east side of town because the fire station is on one side and most of town is on the other side.

idrivejunk

Found the build sheet on the 69 GT yesterday. It would be a good body to restore stock due to lack of rot and good options. Kind of a diamond in the rough. The metal work will probably be too simple for me to get it but I do see a replacement roof. For a rust hole up front from vinyl.
Matt

58 Yeoman

My 2014 Tacoma hit over 100,000 miles yesterday.  I bought it in 2017 with 7,000 miles on it.  It doesn't sit long.

Phil