three point crane

Started by enjenjo, February 24, 2022, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Here it is in all it's glory. All recycled material except the hook. The legs under it make it balanced when it is set on the ground, but it has to be  hooked to the tractor to lift anything. I am building a strut to support the lift arm, or you can mount a cylinder on it to pull engines and so forth
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

50 F1

That will be real handy.

If you put a cylinder on it would it be hooked to the tractors hydralics?

enjenjo

Quote from: 50 F1 on February 25, 2022, 06:06:33 AM
That will be real handy.

If you put a cylinder on it would it be hooked to the tractors hydralics?

You could, I hadn't considered that.

kb426

Tractor hydraulics would be my choice. With quick attach couplers, your effort would be pulling a valve handle. That would be better than pumping a handle. :) This is assuming your tractor has live hydraulics. 
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Much better than the time honored method of using a forklift. Particularly if you don't have a forklift...which is a pretty specialized thing to have if you don't need one that often.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

Quote from: kb426 on February 25, 2022, 09:50:57 AM
Tractor hydraulics would be my choice. With quick attach couplers, your effort would be pulling a valve handle. That would be better than pumping a handle. :) This is assuming your tractor has live hydraulics.

It's semi live. It's powered off the transmission input shaft.

enjenjo

I used it for the first time this week. It works good. I don't like the hydraulic system on this tractor, with the clutch pushed in it starts drifting down. There may be a fix for that. Also it needs more weight on the front end. It has no problem lifting up half a ton.