2022: What are you doing today?

Started by kb426, January 01, 2022, 02:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: kb426 on January 04, 2022, 05:43:01 PM
In the land of boring to no end, I have the ceiling textured. everything masked and the mop boards removed. Tomorrow I paint and clean up a little. Ho hum. :)

We removed the popcorn ceiling texture in a house 25 yrs ago. Actually I helped a friend that was a sheetrock worker. Bob's speciality was repairs & he was semi-retired. We fixed many corner beads, I had replaced windows in the house so those areas needed reworked.  The floors were bare since we were doing a mild rehab inside the place. Sheetrock ppl make the work look somewhat easy... it is not

:D
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Quote from: kb426 on January 04, 2022, 05:43:01 PM
In the land of boring to no end, I have the ceiling textured. everything masked and the mop boards removed. Tomorrow I paint and clean up a little. Ho hum. :)

If you get board, whip out bored games. :idea:

If all else fails, hold still and relax. Winter is for rest, just ask a tree. :)

Says the guy who goes to work sick or not because no one can cover for me. With one guy still on bronchitis meds and contagious. Soon as I saw that I knew it was coming. If one gets something, we all do. Margarine snot, yay! ::)
Matt

kb426

I was set to paint the ceiling and the walls and be ready too remove the carpet tomorrow which was the original schedule. Mid-morning the carpet place asked if they could move me up a day. I was painting walls and decided I could do that. After saying yes, I went into road gear. I finished painting and had most of the carpet out. I decided that the walls needed another coat. I had the lumber yard mix another gallon and I got to it. It was a little after 6 pm when I finished removing all the pad and scraping the floors. Most of the carpet has been put in the dumpsters in the alley and everything is ready for tomorrow. I enjoy a good thrash. It reminds me of the between rounds thrash while drag racing. I always enjoyed that. Adrenaline junkie stuff. :) Still pretty boring. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Bill, more relax time is about all that motivates me to get stuff done. :)

Wasn't it Good Olds Bob (RIP) who once said if you want some excitement, turn your bifocals upside down? :lol:

I had a relatively peaceful day. Felt that way because I got that Fairlady Z back together like it was. I still have to fiddle with exhaust hanger extending and fiberglass bumper bracketing underneath. Run the few remaining interior screws in and that'll be that. But! I suspect the task list on it will grow anew and I'll have to mess with it more. Time will tell. :arrow:
Matt

enjenjo

More shop cleanup. Scrapping copper today, more sandblasting, and throwing out more junk. I have found about 30 boxes of screws that I had misplaced.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Carpet layers have come and gone. The job looks good. The wife is happy. :) 2/3's of the furniture is back in place. For the most part, I have completed my tasks. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

My task list did grow but I nipped it right down. Muffler hanger stuff and a front panel thingy. Then blasted a pair of chrome 60s Honda two wheeler fenders. Then, after my return trip from Asia I got going on a Super Bee fender. That is good. So worked on three vehicles today but only one counted. :)
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Been assembling a small metal shed for the park model space we winter in.  Old shed is too large , old, rusted up. It needs to go.  This will free up more parking space for my dually truck.

Built the wood base yesterday.  Treated lumber, with cross braces under it.

My back is really upset at my recent adventures with the metal shed assembly process
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Couple photos of our kitchen area in Park model we rehabbed..

I think you can figure out the olde OEM kitchen to the photo of the kitchen as it is now.  Only the window in the kitchen needs replaced to dual pane low E design. Then some window covering.  A few places to install some caulking too.   Cept for the floor covering & the granite counter top, we did all this work ourselves. We are real happy with results.

A few floor squeaks I dont like, but I tried to fix all the squeaks and it was just not happening without a large amount of effort, floor cut open , wood replace , etc.

My wife just finished the wall tile install. It is simple peel n stik wall tile she found on Amazon.
Tony

34ford

That really spiffed up the place. Nice job.

Crosley.In.AZ

January 8th is Elvis Presley's birthday..  :D  He would be 87.  8)
Tony

idrivejunk

Hard pressed for automotive activity, aren't we?

I had the Loud One out yesterday. Not losing brake fluid so thats good. Roads were vacant, I had fun. The Blown One is just about too dilapidated to continue but only has a couple thou left to hit 300K. Tried to replace two tires Friday but situation normal... no longer possible to buy same tires twice because brands come and go that fast. I passed for now but require deep tread for reasonable safety. Got in the Plain One today, hit the wipers and ripped a blade apart. Got two pair for Christmas though. I'll change those before today's medicine run.

Mom says I should make a picture of all the cars I've had, together. Conjuring proper scale for such an endeavor seems too challenging. Proper perspective could help but using references is pretty much out on a deal like that. My thought is to do a junkyard scene showing them all wrecked. Only a few were not smashed. I figure it would be easier that way, just showing piles of crumpled garbage. Is that too IDJ-y?
Matt

WZ JUNK

We have spent the last week in the Virgin Islands and we headed home tomorrow. Living the Island Life for a few days and we explored the National Park on St John's Island. We have one last park to visit on America Samoa in the South Pacific. Then we will have visited every National Park. Here the cars are set up just like they are in the US but you drive on the other side of the road.  The driver is on the curb side.   The roads are curvy and hilly, so no one drives faster than 25 mph.  You get use to it
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

idrivejunk

Adventures!!! ^^^  8)

Potential idjunkyard parking below. Theres the BOP section, Chevy row on the right, and then trucks are on out back. :) Looks posed.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: WZ JUNK on January 09, 2022, 03:55:36 PM
We have spent the last week in the Virgin Islands and we headed home tomorrow. Living the Island Life for a few days and we explored the National Park on St John's Island. We have one last park to visit on America Samoa in the South Pacific. Then we will have visited every National Park. Here the cars are set up just like they are in the US but you drive on the other side of the road.  The driver is on the curb side.   The roads are curvy and hilly, so no one drives faster than 25 mph.  You get use to it

John, you folks are doing a bit of traveling..    Must be weird driving on other side of the road with a left hand drive car?

8)
Tony