Towing a Ford Ranger behind a Uhaul truck.

Started by 58 Yeoman, April 20, 2015, 07:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

My daughter is moving to Texas next month, and will be towing my old Ranger on a tow dolly.  Will the trans lose a lot of fluid by removing the driveshaft?  Or, should I tie it up with a ratchet strap?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

Leave it in and tie it up. Use a couple to be sure.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Watch the U joint... unless it is one of the flange type design drive shafts, the U joint caps are not loose
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Rrumbler

It is a little more expense, but much safer, and easier to just get a car trailer with the U-Haul; I hauled my '59 Chevy pickup on one several times for lomg distances, and they all trailed well and were no problem.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

UGLY OLDS

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.....

I have moved my Kidd the AF brat's car all over the country  multiple times ... :roll:

The trailer is by far the safest way ... Just look it over for tires, lights & wheel bearing play before you accept it ... My record is turning down three of them before finding one that I would accept .... :shock:  

That ride was from Tucson to Louisiana... At 85 MPH across Texas .....    Wheeeeeeeeeee.......... :oops:

It towed like it was on rails ... 8)

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

jaybee

My recent experience with a U Haul 2 axle car trailer was great. The thing was easy to use and performed like a champ. Their trailers literally weigh a ton, so depending on what you put on it you could be towing close to 6,000# real easily.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)