Ive got the blues about blues

Started by chimp koose, March 03, 2022, 09:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

All that sounds like good stuff! Mainly because I think we did help you along. I ran out of evening yesterday but the weekend forecast is chilly and I did find the gold flake colored pencil sketch of a T from awhile back that I feel I can use as reference. And an appropriate color of pencil. So... :) ;) as you say... some time. 8)
Matt

jaybee

Ford tractor blue is not a bad color. It's a nice, pure blue. personal preference I know, but I'm simply not a fan of blues with a purple undertone. Those colors are far too common these days, more common than pure blues.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

Here you go, CK. Thanks for all your kind words through the years. 8)

Matt

idrivejunk

Quote from: Fat Cat on March 04, 2022, 09:38:39 PM
I just bought this truck in this color. GMC calls it Dynamic Blue Metallic. It was not my first choice, I was looking for the current red color. But the Blue was my second choice.

Saw this color at the grocery store Sunday, a little dirty but man... thats a really nice looking one. To me, in person. I even imagined it on my GP. :)
Matt

chimp koose

Thanks IDJ , you even got the pinstripe right ! I was not thinking of going forward of the cowl with the stripe but you have me thinking

idrivejunk

It was an afterthought. Pardon the sloppy, it was the first time I tried just editing a drawing and it was a small one.
Matt

chimp koose

like this but darker iIknow this is metallic but???? got this off of flickr .

chimp koose

My rad shell will be painted body colour . My wires will be painted Tacoma cream . My wires have many less spokes , the ones in the picture are 100 spoke , mine are about 72 and have a more "open" look with short and long spokes  (old appliance spokes from the 70's) . My visor will be upholstered . My running boards will be covered like a model A . I just can not see stepping on a painted running board going well . Note the lack of a headlight bar , that is a 1926 only offering , mine is the same . I will have a slight bit more rubber rake and coil overs in front of the axle . This car uses later '32 - '34 door handles as will mine . The T ones do not have a lock in the handle and I will be gutting the door latch mechanisms to be able to use bearclaw latches . I will be retaining the cowl door as it will be access to the M/C and a vent as well , opened from inside the car . I will have dual saddle tanks with a chrome filler cap just in front of the rear fender , coming through the apron . I hope mine turns out near as good as this looks .

idrivejunk

Me too.  8)

Painting 72 spokes old as us won't be fun. I was just looking at those and concluded that for me it would definitely be 30s artillery wheels. If I was going for the mild deception thing. And I think I like straw better than the orangey cream.

Does anybody put Model B artillery wheels on Ts or is there a reason that don't work? If they were 17" (Buick, or?) I believe that would help. For me its just that roadworthy wire wheels don't even come close to mocking the appearance of prewar wires. Nothing else does either but artillerys have that tough lovable thread of era-segway plausibility which... personally now I'd like to see an example of. Because searching just showed me T era spoke type artillery wheel cover thingys.

Just thoughts. Good description there and yep, pretty color but it is of the modern and unforgiving kind.
Matt

chimp koose

I got into street rods in the mid 70's right when everything mildly done had a set of tru spokes on it. The vision is burned into my memory banks . If I had to change it up I would opt for torque thrust d's .

idrivejunk

I admire that knowing just what you want. Regard me as you would a cuckoo clock, I don't want to coax you. Street rods with tru spokes were still current when I began to take note, and they do present the 70s vibe alright. My intro to cars was late 70s early 80s when all things automotive were shameful and that might be why I always seem to think things need improvement.
Matt

chimp koose

I got the car bug pretty early in life . My older cousin got a 428 galaxie when I was 12 . Neighbor renter had a hiboy coupe when I was about 9 .Older guys across the street from us had all kinds of 60's muscle cars while I was still in elementary school.My first magazine subscription was street rodder in about '77 so most of my dream cars are of that era of build timeframe . Oh yeah , there was a 57 belair at the end of my block painted METALFLAKE green 8), There were no less than 12 hot street cars and rods within 2 blocks of my house when growing up . It was a great time to be a kid !

jaybee

When cars become unsaleable in urban areas they migrate to the small towns. As a result I grew up in a small town loaded to the gills with muscle cars. They were cheap and the young people who drove them just had liability on them. The fact they were thrashed and trashed as late model used cars has a lot to do with their value today. Just off the top of my head I know of a Buick GSX Stage 3 that was crashed hard, a 427 Chevelle that broadsided a pickup camper doing about 70, a '69 Sports Roof Mustang that hit the end of a highway divider curb and flipped, and one day I looked out the window of my math class to see the wheels still spinning on an upside down '71 429 Cobra Jet Mustang. And that doesn't even count the cars that simply rusted away to nothing or were sent to the junkyard after blowing up the motors.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose

Bruce Dorsi

Have you seen "North Sky Blue Metallic" used on late-model Chevy & GMC trucks?

It looks like Navy Blue in daylight, almost black when in shadows, and brightens up where the sun hits it.

Google Images shows many pics of the color.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!