What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I started the year off by going outside and starting the 51 to take to coffee. It's 5 below this morning. It started but turned over about a dozen revolutions when normal is about 4. BURRRR!
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Woke up to -13* actual temperature. Humidistat says humidity is 40%, but there's a lot of condensation on the windows. May have to dial back the humidifier a bit. Think I'll stay inside today, unless I need a bit more wood for the wood stove in the downstairs family room.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

sirstude

-10 this morning, and have to move a bunch of snow today where the city plowed us in.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

Went out and fired the truck up.  I keep all running - driving  vehicles inside.

63*F inside the work shop.  40*F outside

Wife & I went to local Jack In the Box..  I ate a couple tacos for first 2018 breakfast.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Ohio Blue Tip

Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Carnut

Finished out my 2017 budget, lined out my 2018 budget. Scheduled some bill payments.

Skipped the traditional Black Eyed peas and had Totinos Pizza snacks instead.

kb426

I made many trips to the dumpster. I cleared out some more of the last couple of years magazine collections. I suppose I'm ready to start collecting this year's now. :) I believe the high was 15 degrees.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

messed with the 1962 Morris chassis.  Upside down to weld stuff I can not get at as it sits right side up.

While grinding some steel plate on the edge on my 16 inch diameter sander disc... the disc caught the steel & pulled it in , also pulled my glove in too.  Pulled the glove half off my hand, no damage to my thumb.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

32 Chevy

It was a beautiful day in the Pacific Northwest. One of the local clubs runs a Food for the Hungry car show Jan 1 cars showed up! The hot dog vendor packed up and went home by 11:30 because  he was sold out already.

Cword

First day back at work for 2018 after a week of enjoying the heated slab in my garage.
That cold snap was much easier to handle while working on the roadster.
I (stupidly?) agreed to let my car appear in the local World of Wheels show coming up in February. I think Christmas spirits were the culprits, so during the break I started attacking the 30 years of wear on the car.  Now I'm trying to strategise where to draw the line on this clean up.

Mike
--

phat46

Happy New Year. It was a balmy 10 above this morning! Now about 20, highest temps in a couple weeks. We spent Christmas in Raleigh NC where it was near 70 right before Christmas then dropped to 30's for daytime highs, still MUCH warmer than back home in Mi. Stay warm, only about one more week of the real cold.

purplepickup

Quote from: "Cword"Now I'm trying to strategise where to draw the line on this clean up.

Mike
Just draw the line somewhere that still allows this kind of stuff.  I know you will. :) Your willingness to drive the roadster in most any conditions is admirable. 8)
George

kb426

I notice that antifreeze is puddling under the 51. Remember that I'm old and blind and it's about 20 degrees so my eyes are watering. I'm pretty sure the intake manifold has failed. I believe where the alum. crossover mates to the plastic there is a problem. I think I'll find corrosion has ruined the alum. Rather than attempt to repair it, I believe it's time for a new intake. There's a reason Dorman sells these. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Today I messed with the rear section of tunnel on the 59, peeked at some old wreck damage on a shiny 71 Chevelle, and fixed a newer Yukon driver's door gap where the fender got pushed back.Yesterday I was about to top off the GTP steering fluid but the hood would not unlatch so I didn't.
Matt