my model A build (video)

Started by art.flame, July 05, 2006, 06:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

No, I don't, but some others on here might.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

39deluxe

Nice job. I wish I could help with the picture but that would mean that I would have an A to photograph. Now there's a thought that makes me smile.

kb426

Thanks for sharing with us. I really like your flip up cowl. What are you going to use as a sealer around the edges?
TEAM SMART

rumrumm

I've seen old footage of the Ford factory with Model A's on the assembly line, and it seems that main adjustment tool was a rubber hammer. Thanks for posting your build--nice to be able to observe fine craftsmanship.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

art.flame

im using a bmw 3 series bootlit rubber
i welded a pin where the end of the rubber slides over

and in the corners waterdrainhole

enjenjo

That would be a series three BMW?

art.flame

right side done extended 1/2 inch

art.flame

both fenders now fit nice ,even had to modify apron nose gap, welded the original fenderstrut holes ,

I'm thinking about reworking the front of the fenders so it wil blend in more nicely with the splash apron, what do you think?

enjenjo

Quotewhat do you think?

It works for me. Not that much more work, and will make it smoother.

39deluxe

Now that you point it out it looks odd the way it is.

art.flame

it probably won't be noticed but it looks better this way

chimp koose

Those are the type of body modifications that look the best . The type that are not immediately noticeable.I like to think of what you have done with the fender as 'refining the shape'.You have not made the car look different,just visually cleaner or more refined.Nice work!

art.flame

its been a while but some other projects came along finally got the body on fits like a sucker ,time to do some wiring and blow it al apart for paint

UGLY OLDS

Looks GREAT !!!!    );b(    OK if I steal your fender idea??  ( Dont worry .It will be years before I get to that part  :roll:  :lol:  )

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

Keep going and keep the pictures coming! This will be one beautiful car.