What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I am cleaning the shop, I rebuilt the rear suspension on a 1970 AMX this week, springs, shocks, and torque links. It did not want to come apart after 40 years in Ohio. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

OldSub

I'm laying in a hospital bed hoping to be released today.  No hot rod projects the last few months and won't be again for a few more, but I'm recovering from cancer so its not a bad thing!

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

UGLY OLDS

I am getting the Ugly Olds ready for another season of mis-adventures  & folly ... 8)     I also started making things "round" in my new to me lathe... :lol:      Little chips ..big chips...silver chips ...blue chips ..... :shock:

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat46

Quote from: "OldSub"I'm laying in a hospital bed hoping to be released today.  No hot rod projects the last few months and won't be again for a few more, but I'm recovering from cancer so its not a bad thing!

Best wishes on your recovery, getting back in the shop will get you feeling even better!
I put luan down in a big kitchen today, tomorrow we'll put the flooring down over it, you gotta love 120 year old houses, we found a trap door (?) in a kitchen closet that had to be made permanet before we floor over it.....

57larry

I'm sitting inside watching Judge Judy while it's raining outside. too lazy to walk to the shop

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

GPster

Linda is the most concerned person in the community garden accross the street. She is being volunteered as the spokesperson and because I seem to be the only husband with a truck I seemed to be volunteered for other chores. Last night I got to load half of last years un-functioning  compost pile into my truck. Today I un-loaded the truck and loaded the other half (I need a bigger truck). Tomorrow I get to un-load my truck again and maybe load it with a load of mulch. I won't do that unless I find someone to help (knows how to leah on a pitch fork). I'm getting closer to the Jeepster all the time but I still got a bunch of firewood in the garage between the Jeepster and the door. GPster

reborn55

Good luck on your recovery---Serviced a wheel chair van today--new pads , front and rear, Wired a printer in the back of an ambulance.  Came home and worked on wifes coupe

WZ JUNK

I hauled off 1500 pounds of scrap steel from behind the shop Friday.  I am not called junk by accident.  I have one more load next week.  Believe it or not, I am trying to get better organized.

In the course of hauling off the scrap, I had a flat on my old utility trailer that I built 20 years ago.  That is when I discovered that the idiot that built the trailer did not allow room to change a tire.  I used a bottle jack to push the axle down more so that I could get the old tire off and the new one on.  I will have to do a little clearancing with the torch today.

This morning I will go to the Gearhead Cafe for coffee.  Then to a little car show we have each spring in honor of the man who owned a vintage salvage yard locally.  I will hang around a while and visit with friends then home to mow the yard.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

tomslik

spent yesterday morning at the doc's (no obama jokes, he's a joke all in himself)
doc sez to me, "it's never anything normal with you"....
have a ganglion cyst on my big toe...

today i'm gonna wander out to the shop and fix some big gaping holes in the trans tunnel on the rambler and make a couple of calls..
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

53stvblt

I had to pull the rear end out of my 53 (w/ 57 rear end) & reset the preload on the pinion. It was making a little noise when I'd ease off from drive to coast.
When I pulled the punkin & inspected it the case that holds the spider gears in place had some curved lines about every inch across it. The pinion gear was just barely touching the carrier case on deceleration causing these marks.
 I originally pulled the punkin & had someone rebuild it & set it up (he did a very good job because I checked backlash & preload before I installed it)
Thinking back, after driving it everything was fine, no noise, but after a couple days I seen the pinon seal was leaking. So I took the whole  car back to him & he had his young helper replace the seal. Well the seal was fixed but after that I started just ocasionally hearing a wierd noise & as it turns out he didn't get the preload set properly.  As time went on the noise began to show up a little more, which led to my "punkin patch" this weekend.
I set the preload & checked the backlash & installed the punkin last night. Today I hope to get a test drive in between rain showers.
I know this is a little long but you asked. :lol:
Thanks,
Bud

enjenjo

Quote from: "OldSub"I'm laying in a hospital bed hoping to be released today.  No hot rod projects the last few months and won't be again for a few more, but I'm recovering from cancer so its not a bad thing!

Get well soon. We are all pulling for you.

enjenjo

Quote from: "tomslik"spent yesterday morning at the doc's (no obama jokes, he's a joke all in himself)

today i'm gonna wander out to the shop and fix some big gaping holes in the trans tunnel on the rambler and make a couple of calls..

Do they still fix them with a hammer?

tomslik

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "tomslik"spent yesterday morning at the doc's (no obama jokes, he's a joke all in himself)

my toe or the trans tunnel?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

enjenjo

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "enjenjo"

my toe or the trans tunnel?

A Ganglion cyst. That is how they fixed the one on my wrist.