2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Planning to do some woefully overdue cleanup of the DD today.

Purple car odometer hit 40K again yesterday. We are in our 25th year. 9 with the GTP (drove it 120K so far) and 15 years with the lowly GT which is still a pup with under 200K miles but unusable due to the human garbage that surrounds us and the mail order only, no time off and no shop access world that only they wish to inhabit.
Matt

idrivejunk

Woefully I did accomplish a GTP wash but thats all. Jambs and underhood inc'l but the main purpose was to flush salt from rockers. Not bad but only halfway through winter.

The 455 felt my presence today for sure. After breaking off another loose sail panel seam bondo hunk and painting there.

Thats a good Sunday and I already know what to do when I walk in the shop in the AM. Hope to see no buzzards circling the skeleton but that was the pattern last week. :arrow:

Not often you get to stab an engine with trans via straight vertical drop in a unibody street car now, is it? :) Convenient rust.  ;)
Matt

kb426

I got the blue 72 out and gave it a bath. I wouldn't say it was clean, just cleaner than it was. I took pics and videos. It's next to see if it will sell. :) It got up to 75 degrees this afternoon. Beautiful day that started with 23 degrees. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

The wind tried to blow me away today. I cleaned up scrap metal in the yard and donated to a friend who occasionally makes scrap trips. The leftover Chevy ad parts were left with a friend who I would describe as the local collector of stuff. His father was a good friend of mine. He has some acres in the country and has accumulated some cars and parts. His friendship is of value so the parts have way less value. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Hi... I found more bad shackle  parts on the driver side of the RV suspension.

While waiting for parts to arrive:  I installed 2 of the 3 cross member I am adding to the RV suspension.  What this does is tie the spring hangers from left to right for more strength.  These heavier RV put high twisting  stress on the spring hangers in tight turns...  like backing into RV camp sites , tight turns,  etc. 

Cross members are multi piece... bracket bolts onto the spring hanger each side. Cross member piece is 2 sections that slip inside each other.  All bolts together with 20 bolts
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I changed out 2 17" tires today. The tires had 2005 date codes. I know they had been on since at least 2013. (96 mustang parts). :) One of the tires wouldn't hold air. I installed the 10 year old tires I removed from the 72 last fall. I use these wheels for roll arounds. :) I used muscles that I haven't used since last fall. :) It was 71 at lunch time and 38 degrees at 4pm. We have a little storm coming through.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Visit my mom's grave today..  Installed a little solar charged light thing shaped like a humming bird.  Mom liked little birds.

Dropped by my former employer. Geeez , many changes there. Big one: the general manager was removed, position deleted completely.  Several personnel changes and there are 2 guys leaving soon to retirement.

One guy has returned after he retired months ago.. The owner has already talked him into working 5 days a week from 3 days a week. LOL

:lol: .. :lol:
Tony

enjenjo

I finished up the fixture for holding a boring bar on my lathe today. It works good. I had to buy some 3/8" T bolts to hold it together.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bruce Dorsi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

416Ford

Not today but last nights project was filling the hole in the roof one of the previous upholstery guy put in with long screws. Ten holes in a 3 foot area.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

Boy, Dave, am I glad you're not talking about me. :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: 416Ford on February 28, 2024, 05:05:53 PMNot today but last nights project was filling the hole in the roof one of the previous upholstery guy put in with long screws. Ten holes in a 3 foot area.

In the mid 1970s I worked part time at a custom paint shop. Next door was a van conversion company.  New vans with custom interiors.  Remember the van craze?  We painted the vans with various levels of custom paint.

About 2 times a week , we had to repair screw holes in the van roofs from the interior installation..

:lol:
Tony

enjenjo

There is a shop in town here that does custom stereo installs for the car dealers. They managed to run a too long screw through the top of the cowl on a brand new Jeep. They put a shorter screw in the hole, and glued a deer whistle over the screw and put another one in the same place on the other side. Everyone was happy.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

First post on February 29th, 2024... Not that eggciting I guess.
Tony