You need to watch this. It will make you sick

Started by enjenjo, March 10, 2024, 09:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

idrivejunk

Superfluous complexity for superfluous complexity's sake.

Same as if a guy did it.

What is the current fixation with overembellished floor pans?
Matt

enjenjo

The sheer beauty. The talent she has makes me wonder what I have been doing all these years.

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

I am confident that you guys could do all that if you set your mind to, and had the appropriate funding, tooling, and authority.

Maybe she doesn't use carpet?
Matt

enjenjo

If I did floors that nice I wouldn't use carpet either

kb426

British or Aussie? I wonder if she has supervision or she knows it all? I had contemplated doing floor work like that but it would all be covered if you are building a driver. I'm not going to say I won't do something in the future but doing something for show on a full size vehicle kind of goes against my practical past. If it's a go kart or cycle, I'm good with that. Watching that has caused me to go get more metal for bead rolls. I can see that the width of her rolls allows you to do some things that I leave marks in. We must never stop learning. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: enjenjo on March 11, 2024, 03:12:30 PMIf I did floors that nice I wouldn't use carpet either

Right on. Flock it! :)

Just funny how the other day a coworker was showing me some other ornate tunnel and pan work that was quite artistic, also on youtube. He didn't get much of a response. I'm considering some tunnel beads for my work project but only to help add back strength. Nice bead work is tough to do, I know that. My customers prefer plain prices though. I should watch more to see if she is pre-stretching and what-not. Might learn something.
Matt

58 Yeoman

This is how I did my floors. Someone else did all the beads and bending, then I cut to size and welded it in.  I've got limits to what I can do.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

bucketmouth

She's got good skills and it's good to see girls having a go and doing it.
She's from Oz but I've never heard of them not that means much. I'll have to keep an ear out for their name in future.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Crosley.In.AZ

It would interesting to see the actual process , length of time, mistakes, re-do of the actual part shown in the videos.  I do understand a lot of the tedious work is edited out for length of the video.

I have never owned a bead roller, any size of planish hammer setup, english wheel , which seems to help build some of these panels and designs in them.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

I watched another dose. My thoughts are yep, better to see a young woman doing... anything. That is great. And I can enjoy an accent on them. :)  Most impressive to me is the tool array available to her.

What must it like to be able to build something for yourself? I am in awe. Tools I work with, rarely, are minimal by comparison and jobs that might offer creative opportunities go to another guy now, who doesn't do bondo.

Too high class for this guy but neat stuff. The truck isn't my cup of tea. I did learn how she handles the bead stretching. With a droolable tool. She has us normal mortals outgunned by a longshot with just her toolbox.
Matt